Skin is the body’s largest organ, but for men, it’s often one of the most overlooked. Making smart choices by using affordable skincare products can change that — helping you take better care of yourself without breaking the bank. However, when it comes to finding the best affordable skincare for men (or anybody for that matter) the reality is that there’s no one-size-fits-all product. Factors like oiliness, sensitivity and acne vary from one person to the next.
Still, with a reasonable assortment of cleansers, moisturizers and toners available at most retailers, you can achieve what you want, whether that’s looking good for date night or reducing the signs of aging under the summer sun.
Check out some of the products below to get you started. Oh, and remember, it doesn’t have to say “man” on the package to be a good choice — gender-neutral store brands and scents are designed to work for a wide range of people and will often save you money, too.
Cleansers to consider
The first step in your skincare routine is a reliable cleanser to wipe away dirt and grime, such as:
- L’Oreal Paris Charcoal Cleanser: Charcoal is used as a scrubbing, detoxing cleanser in everything from toothpaste to soap. It helps get dirt and oil off the skin, leaving your face looking and feeling cleaner.
- Nivea Men Charcoal Body Wash: This charcoal cleanser is packaged in a size that offers enough cleanser to draw the grit out of every crevice, leaving your entire body feeling fresh and clean.
- Dove Men + Care: A well-known brand for affordable skincare products for men, this cleanser is like a gentle soap bar in a bottle. Use it daily to clean your face and body.
Toners to try
If you haven’t used toner before, you’ll find it helpful for getting rid of any dirt left over after using your cleanser and before your moisturizer. These toners will also open your pores in preparation for your moisturizer:
- Blue Atlas: This popular brand combines natural ingredients like mulberry root, vitamin C and aloe to keep your skin looking its best.
- Epionce: This formula has a soothing effect that leaves your skin feeling fresh and smooth.
- Moon Glow: This toner by Good Light is so hydrating that it feels like an extremely light moisturizer. Use it to get your face feeling just right.
Moisturizers to measure
The final step of a good skincare routine is to apply a good moisturizer to your face and neck. These brands offer reliable options without being too costly:
- Neutrogena: There are a handful of affordable daily moisturizers on the shelves from this brand. You might find one that will soften your skin while built-in SPF 15 sunscreen protects you from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Cetaphil: If you have sensitive skin, this brand offers everything — cleansers, creams, sunscreen, moisturizers and more — for a budget-friendly price.
- Bulldog: This brand is an affordable, organic and natural choice for skincare on a budget.
Protecting your skin — and your wallet
Cleanser, toner and moisturizer form the foundation of a solid skincare routine. Once you’ve found the best affordable skincare for men that works for you personally, you can experiment with other items like body scrubs, lotion, eye cream and lip balm.
However, the more products you add to your skincare regimen, the more money you’ll have to spend at the register. Our app can help you redeem cash back offers in a way that’s easy to incorporate into your daily routine. Your skin (and wallet) will thank you.