You’re invited! You’ve sent in your RSVP and are eagerly awaiting your friend’s big day when you notice they’ve planned out every detail down to a very specific wedding theme. Not wanting to put a kink in your friend’s perfect day, you’ve got to style your own theme-inspired outfit.
While you could go all out at a boutique, you’ve also got a budget to stick to. So how do you pick out the perfect wedding guest outfit without spending a fortune? Easy!
I’ve done all the legwork for you to find seven different budget wedding guest outfit ideas for any type of wedding — be it romantic, nautical, or even formal! I’ve even picked out two stunning plus-sized options, so read on to find your perfect wedding outfit…on a budget!
Finding that perfect dress or pair of shoes only to get sticker shock when you look at the price can be frustrating. But you can have the last laugh — and a new outfit, too! — when you shop with coupon codes for popular retail stores like Macy’s, Kohl’s, JCPenney, Amazon, and even discount designer stores like Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks OFF 5th, and Nordstrom Rack!
1. Beach-Inspired Wedding Guest Outfit
You just opened a wedding invitation and it’s on the beach. Oh, what to wear? Pick a dress made from a light material that won’t cling to your body. Think organza, chiffon, cotton blends, or even lace. Pair your dress with beachy jewelry, comfortable sandals, and a cute clutch to complete your breezy beach vibe.
1. RAGA Feeling Floral Empire Maxi, $49.99 at Saks OFF 5th; 2. A2 by Aerosoles Zip Up Wedges, $39.99-$49.99 at Kohl’s; 3. Kim Rogers Necklace and Earrings Set, $17.50 at Belk; 4. Rebecca Minkoff Leo Clutch, $95 at Amazon
Estimated outfit total: $202.48-$212.48
Get a great deal on these glam wedges by signing up for Kohl’s mobile Sale Alerts and earning 15% off your next purchase! (Exp. 12/31)
2. Formal Wedding Outfit Idea
Dressing for a formal wedding is probably the simplest wedding to dress for. All you need is a little black dress, classy heels, some pearls, and an attention grabbing handbag.
1. Karen Kane Brigette Dress, $89 at Amazon; 2. Kay Unger Marlee Metallic Bow Suede Sandal, $94.50 at Neiman Marcus Last Call; 3. Charter Club Pink Pearl Collar Necklace, $26.50 at Macy’s; 4. Y S Box Clutch, $59.97 at Nordstrom Rack
Estimated outfit total: $269.97
Add a little treat to your purchase and earn free shipping on any order of $99+ with code LCSHIP! (Exp. 7/31)
3. Nautical Wedding Outfit Ideas
Nautical attire can be for a destination wedding on a boat — or maybe the bride to be has brought all the charm of the high seas onto dry land. Keep things simple by wearing a solid, navy blue dress and accessorize with blue and white for a classic look.
1. AX Navy Bodycon Dress, $39.60 at Sears; 2. Herschel Supply Co. Casey Clutch, $49.99 at 6PM; 3. Miadora 14K Gold Freshwater Pearl Earrings, $75.22 at Overstock; 4. Jessica Simpson Rayli Evening Sandals, $59.99 at Macy’s
Estimated outfit total: $224.80
Save 15% off online and in-store on apparel, accessories, and fine jewelry — plus another 5% if you use your Sears card with code FLOWER! (Exp. 5/21)
4. Romantic Wedding Guest Outfit Ideas
Dress for a romantic themed wedding by paying attention to detail. Blush-toned clothing and floral accessories will make your outfit a hit.
1. H&M Maxi Dress, $59.99 at H&M; 2. Rocket Dog Arena Sandal, $49.95 at Aeropostale; 3. 14K Rose Gold Interlocking Heart Necklace, $52.50 at Kohl’s; 4. Iris Floral Hair Barette, $29 at Accessorize; 5. Hobo Amoret Wristlet, $65.99 at Belk
Estimated outfit total: $257.43
You can save 20% off your maxi dress when you sign up for the H&M email newsletter! (Exp. 7/31)
5. How to Dress for a Rustic Wedding
A rustic wedding will most likely be less formal than a black tie wedding, so think casual dresses and shoes that will maneuver in the grass with ease. Accessorize with a flower crown and turquoise jewelry — and don’t forget those cowgirl boots!
1. Jessica Simpson Solid Dress, $52.97 at Nordstrom Rack; 2. Turquoise Multi-Strand Necklace, $18 at Kohl’s; 3. AEO Gaucho Boot, $69.95 at American Eagle; 4. Peaches + Reds Felt Flower Crown, $50 at fancyfreefinery on Etsy
Estimated outfit total: $190.92
Have a Kohl’s charge card? You can save 20% off your online order with code FASHION20! (Exp. 5/22)
6. Plus-Sized Formal Wedding Guest Outfit Idea
Dressing formally as a plus-sized woman is just as simple as dressing a smaller-sized woman. Pick a dress that’s tasteful and elegant, like this sleeveless shift dress from JCPenney, then accessorize with nude heels and a clutch.
1. MSK Sleeveless Woven Shift Dress, $49.99 at JCPenney; 2. Journee Collection Silver Ball Stud Earrings, $24 at Kohl’s; 3. French Connection Rosalie Point-Toe Pumps, $100 at Lord & Taylor; 4. NINA Larry Satin Clutch, $58 at Lord & Taylor
Estimated outfit total: $231.99
Save 15% on your new outfit at JCPenney — or 20% if your a JCPenney credit cardholder — with code SHOPNSAV! (Exp. 7/30)
7. Plus-Sized Beach Wedding Outfit Idea
The same rules apply when dressing a plus-sized woman for a beach wedding. Flowing, light materials, soft colors, easy to wear shoes, and beach-themed accessories will look perfect on your friend’s big day.
1. Melissa McCarthy Seven7 Plus Painterly Printed Wrap Dress, $66.37 at Lord & Taylor; 2. Steve Madden Stecy Sandal, $79.95 at Nordstrom; 3. Disney Little Mermaid Shell Bracelet, $58 at Macy’s
Estimated outfit total: $204.32
Look for more great deals on dresses, shoes, and accessories with Macy’s promo codes!life / 7 Affordable Wedding Outfit Ideas You’ll Love to Pieces