Do you find yourself standing in front of the store shelves, wondering what in the world you can get your guy for Valentine’s Day? I’ve got the answer: Hop in the car and head home!
I’ve found 10 delicious homemade Valentine’s Day dessert recipes that’ll have the man in your life thinking you’re pretty sweet. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his belly, and with these 10 sweet treats picked just for him, he’ll be yours forever!
1. Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
Give your guy something he already loves (hot homemade cinnamon rolls!) but use this easy trick to bake them into scrumptious, steamy little hearts!
- 1 tube refrigerated French bread dough
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cream cheese frosting
- Red sprinkles
Keep an eye out for Pillsbury® coupons to get your refrigerated French bread dough at a discount!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Open the tube of bread dough and unroll it onto a clean piece of parchment paper.
- Spread melted butter over the top of the dough, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, then roll both edges of the dough in toward the center.
- Use a very sharp knife to slice dough into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the slices in an 8-inch nonstick cake pan, pinching the bottom of the dough to give each cinnamon roll a nice heart shape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or just until the dough is golden brown. Remove, frost with icing, sprinkle with sprinkles. Share with someone you love, and enjoy!
2. Chubby Hubby Popcorn Munchies
Source: Real Housemoms
Taking a cue from Chubby Hubby Ben & Jerry’s® ice cream, this popcorn mix is the perfect way to settle the love of your life into a movie night made just for him. Maybe he’ll even let you pick one of the night’s films!
3. Better Than Sex Pie
He’ll still want you to smooch him all night long, but this Better Than Sex Pie is a perfectly delicious way to celebrate your hubs this Valentine’s Day. Every bite is full of chocolate, caramel, peanut butter cups, and toffee, so it’s easy to see why this treat is simply irresistible.
4. Giant Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
These Giant Homemade Peanut Butter Cups make it easy to show just how much you love your man. “Thiiiiis much!” The recipe makes 16-18 of these giant-sized delectables, so he’ll have no excuse not to share.
5. Jacque Torres’ Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Martha Stewart
With nearly a half-million clicks, this chocolate chip cookie recipe is the most viewed cookie recipe of all time on Foodgawker — plus it’s one of Martha’s all-time favorites. Give your guy a bite of baked perfection with this classic cookie.
6. 2-Ingredient Banana-Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Source: Two Peas & Their Pod
This decadent two-ingredient ice cream is surprisingly healthy. All you need is a couple of brown bananas, a jar of peanut butter, and a great big bowl to share with your lover boy!
7. The Best Monkey Bread
Source: Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
Wake your man up with a recipe that’ll make his day! This ooey, gooey Monkey Bread recipe is guaranteed to be the best one you’ve ever tasted.
8. Chocolate Valentine Kisses® Cookies
Source: The Kitchen is My Playground
If your hubbs loves classic and tasty Peanut Butter Blossoms, he’ll love this V-Day version even more. Chocolate cookie dough is rolled in colorful, Valentine’s Day-themed sprinkles, then topped with a Hershey’s® Kiss®. He won’t be able to resist having seconds!
9. White Chocolate Snack Mix
Source: Chelsea’s Messy Apron
This White Chocolate Snack Mix in Valentine’s Day colors is a deliciously adorable way to say “I love you” to your sweetheart!
10. Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Celebrate the boy who has your heart with an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake for Valentine’s Day this year! It’s so easy to make, and looks as handsome as your cute man.
Does your boy love frozen treats almost as much as he loves you? Dish up one of these delicious no-bake Oreo treats for date night!
Brooke is a talented freelance recipe developer, food writer, food photographer, and cooking show host for Babble, General Mills, Good Cook, and other sundry companies.