The 84th annual Academy Awards show is this Sunday, and what better way to celebrate than with an Oscars party of your own? You still have time—here are some quick and easy ideas for hosting your own award-winning shindig.
- Greet guests at the door with a red carpet – check carpet stores for a cheap remnant or party stores for a plastic runner.
- Have partygoers strike their best Hollywood pose and snap a shot. Use this coupon to print out pix during the party to send home with your guests.
- Download “Best Original Song (or score)” nominees for background party music before and after the show.
- Celebrate the “Best Picture” nominees with food. Black and white cookies for “The Artist,” toasted coconut pineapple cupcakes for “The Descendants,” a bourbon pecan pie in honor of “The Help,” or chocolate truffles for “Midnight in Paris”—all would make excellent selections for Oscar-themed nosh.
- For a family-friendly mocktail, mix cranberry juice with lemon-lime soda and serve in champagne flutes with a slice of lime on the rim.
Also, guests with an iPhone can download the new Oscars app by ABC Digital. They can make their Oscar picks, compete with friends on Facebook, play along during the show and predict winners. The app will refresh and calculate results as categories are announced.