If your family and friends’ hometowns are scattered across the U.S., game day parties can be. . .a little stressful, to say the least. Especially if two rival teams are butting heads on the field.
If you’re hosting a game day party for two enemy team camps, the best way to bring everyone together is with, drumroll, please: Cheese!
That’s why these Tater Tot Nachos would be right at home at any game day party — no matter what teams are being rooted for. Because who can resist a layer of crispy potato bites covered in a flavor-packed, one-two knockout punch combo of gooey nacho and Colby Jack cheese. Yum!
If you’re like me and you need to play mediator instead of cook in the kitchen, these loaded tater tots are the perfect appetizer pick. You just take a bag of frozen tots, load them up with as much cheese, ground beef (which can be prepared ahead of time), and toppings as you can, bake, and enjoy!
Ready to rumble? Grab some frozen tots and check out this tasty Tater Tot Nachos recipe below!
Need some more game day appetizers to lighten the tension? Check out these 10 one-bite appetizer recipes — or make these Blue Cheese, Bacon & Buffalo Chicken Poppers. You’ll find more smash hit recipes like these on our Budget Bites Facebook page!
Tater Tot Nachos Recipe
• 2 1/2 cups frozen tater tots — Grab an Ore Ida tater tots coupon here!
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 pound ground beef
• 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
• 1 cup nacho cheese — Save on melty nacho cheese with Velveeta coupons
• 3 Tablespoons sour cream
• 1/2 cup guacamole
• 1/2 cup pico de gallo
• 1/4 cup jalapeños
• 1/4 cup black olives
• 1/4 cup Colby Jack cheese — Save on your Colby Jack with a Kraft coupon
• 2 Tablespoons cilantro
1. Lay the tater tots on the bottom of your oven tray. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-35 minutes.
2. Add olive oil to a fry pan or skillet, then brown ground beef. Add taco seasoning and mix thoroughly.
3. When the tater tots are ready, take them out of the oven and add the seasoned ground beef on top.
4. Spread melted nacho cheese sauce, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, jalapeños, black olives, Colby Jack cheese, and cilantro over the ground beef.
5. Once your toppings are in place, you can place your oven tray back in the oven for another 2-3 minutes to make that cheese even more melty.