Visiting the fair is such a fun experience and I’m always sad that it only comes around once per year. Between the live music, the carnival rides, and the fried foods, we always have a good time when visiting.
I may not be able to bring the whole fair experience to you, but I can help you enjoy some of my favorite state fair foods at home any time you feel like it!
These state fair foods sure are yummy, but you’ll be craving more than funnel cakes when you discover our Blueberry Crunch No-Bake Cake recipe! Oh, yum!
Source: Buns in My Oven
1. Deep-Fried Cookie Dough Balls
Chocolate chip cookies are always a crowd pleaser, but my fried cookie dough is the ultimate fair food. The gooey centers are bursting with melted chocolate!
- 1 recipe chocolate chip cookie dough, made with pasteurized eggs
- 1 cup pancake mix (the amount of pancake batter should coat 16 cookie balls)
- 1 cup milk
- Oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Prepare cookie dough according to your favorite recipe, being sure to use pasteurized eggs.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to form balls of dough. Place dough balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the freezer. Add oil to a medium sized pot, about 3 inches deep. Heat over medium heat to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the milk and pancake mix in a small bowl.
- Dip the cookie dough balls into the pancake mix and transfer to the hot oil using a fork. Fry 2 or 3 balls at a time for 1-2 minutes or until the batter is golden brown. Remove from the oil to a paper towel lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Source: Taste and Tell
2. Corn Dogs
Corn dogs slathered in mustard are a must for me anytime I visit the fair. Now you can make them at home and enjoy the crispy crunchy goodness any time!
3. Fried Candy Bar Bites
If you’re intimidated by the thought of frying, these candy bar bites are perfect for you! They’re fried in the oven to keep things simple and save a few extra calories.
Source: Love Bakes Good Cakes
4. Funnel Cake
My family can’t visit the fair without getting at least one funnel cake. This homemade version is even better!
5. Elephant Ears
Another fried favorite is the elephant ear! I love mine tossed in cinnamon and sugar.
Source: Bless This Mess
6. Lemon Shake Up
I have to get a freshly made Lemon Shake Up to wash down all the fried goodies anytime I’m at the fair. There’s something so amazing about this sweet and tart drink!
7. Deep Fried Oreos
The only way to improve an Oreo cookie is to dunk it in a simple batter and pop it in the deep fryer!food / 7 Yummy State Fair Foods You Can Make at Home