Decades ago, cheese balls were all the rage. Now they’ve made a comeback, and for good reason. They’re easy to make, have a wide array of dipping options, and taste amazing. That’s why they make a great game day snack. Mold them into the shape of your favorite sport, and you’ve got an appetizer worthy of any March Madness party or other sporting event. Take a look at some of our favorite sports themed cheese ball dishes that will make your game day a winning event!
1. Babybel Cheese Balls
A little twist on the traditional idea of a “cheese ball,” this adorable idea actually turns cheese into balls! Click here to get the step-by-step tutorial on how to make these adorable Babybel Balls for your next party.
2. Football Cheese Ball
Get your party started with this easy football of cheese. Serve with fresh veggie strips or crackers, and watch how quickly this classic appetizer disappears!
3. Baseball Cheese Ball
Batter up for this baseball shaped cheese ball. With this versatile recipe, choose your favorite soft cheese and crackers for this delicious pre-game snack.
4. Sweet Basketball Cheese Ball
Cheese balls can be savory or sweet, and this butterscotch March Madness version will satisfy any sweet tooth. Serve with pretzels for a salty and sweet combo, or dip with Nilla wafers, graham crackers, or apple slices.
5. Pretzel Crusted Cheese Ball
For the ultimate game food, make this addictive pretzel-crusted cheddar bacon ale cheese ball. Crispy bacon is mixed with cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and beer, topped with crushed pretzels. Everyone will love this incredible appetizer.
6. Game Day Cheese Ball
Chocolate and cream cheese make a scrumptious combo, and this game day chocolate chip cheesecake ball is perfect for a pre-tackle treat. It’s a super easy dessert to make for a room full of football fans.
7. Basketball Cheddar Cheese Ball
Cream cheese and zesty Italian dressing make this ball a winner. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and decorate with olives and you’ve got a great basketball app for your March Madness party.
8. Cheesy Football Cheese Ball
This monterey jack and blue cheese football is a sophisticated twist on the classic. This tangy, salty snack is perfect served with a cold beverage.
9. Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Don’t forget the dessert! Some cream cheese, sugar and chocolate chips come together for a delicious treat dressed as a cheese ball.
Get more from The Good Stuff:
- Sports Themed Manicures – Show your spirit with these incredible Game Day manicure ideas! Simple enough to DIY, they’re a great way to show just who’s team you’re on!
- Game Day Crockpot Party Eats – We wouldn’t have you throwing a game day party without some seriously splendid eats! Here are a few of our favorite potluck-perfect slow cooker recipes.
- Sports Themed Snack Tables – Deck the hall with amazing sports-themed décor! Here’s our quick list of amazing party décor ideas, perfect for every sport you adore!