Pair fresh strawberries with store bought cookie dough to create a sweet and creamy dessert. At the beginning of the season strawberries haven’t reached the height of their sweetness. Roasting is a great way to bring out the natural sweetness. They are also delicious over yogurt or ice cream.
Semi-Homemade Balsamic Roasted Strawberry Tarts
1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated dough
2 pints strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut dough into 8 slices. Place each slice into a greased mini cheesecake pan that have been greased. Bake 15 minutes or until edges are crisp.
- In a baking dish mix together strawberries, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Roast for 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- To make the tart, brush the bottom of the cookie tart with the chocolate and let dry.
- Right before serving, fill tart with Greek yogurt and top with strawberry mixture.
- Garnish strawberry tarts with chocolate and nuts (optional)
Save more on this recipe with these coupons for Greek yogurt and Pillsbury cookie dough. Clip now before the coupons expire!