Halloween can be a stressful time for pets. Between the constant ringing of the doorbell, unfamiliar faces showing up to trick-or-treat, and being told they can’t share the treats everyone else is enjoying can really get a dog down.
Dogs love bacon, too, so pair these peanut butter-pumpkin dog treats with a few pumpkin and bacon “Bow Wow!” dog treats!
Treat your furry friends to their own trick-or-treats by baking a batch of peanut butter-pumpkin dog treats this Halloween. With only four ingredients you can whip these up in less than 30 minutes. Make an extra batch to bring to your Halloween parties as a hostess gift. Your party host’s pet will be your new best friend, and you’ll save money and rest easy knowing your four-legged friends are enjoying a healthy treat.
Does your pup love to dress up for Halloween? We’ve found 10 clever and downright funny pet costumes you should try this year!
Gather your ingredients and put the peanut butter and pumpkin in a large bowl. Stir them together, then add in the flour a quarter of a cup at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
Roll the dough out on a sheet of parchment paper until it’s about 1/4-inch thick.
Use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough into fun shapes. Dog bones are a classic choice!
Place your cut-out treats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool completely before storing or serving. Store your pumpkin dog treats in an airtight container or freeze them for up to three months.
Pumpkin-Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter and pumpkin. Stir in the flour 1/4 cup at a time just until dough is no longer sticky.
- Use your rolling pin to roll the dough out on a sheet of parchment paper to 1/4-inch Use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough, then place on the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container or freeze for up to 3 months.