This time of year, everyone seems to be go, go, going all over the place!
It’s a busy time for us all, and between holiday get-togethers and holiday shopping, it’s easy for our little ones to feel a little overwhelmed.
If you’re planning on taking your mini-me with you while you shop for holiday gifts or to visit relatives, why not pack one of these quick snacks for kids. A small savory or sweet bite can keep them busy, give them a boost of energy, and prevent them from getting “hangry” while they wait for mommy to finish up.
Read on to find 6 different healthy and quick snacks for kids that will keep them happy while you shop.
Need some more kid-friendly snack ideas? Try these make-ahead snack recipes, like a snack necklace and quinoa breakfast bars!
1. Bold Homemade Chex Mix
My homemade Chex Mix is perfect to grab and go! It’s loaded with bold flavors and lots of fresh garlic.
• 4 1/2 cups corn Chex — find Chex coupons online here!
• 4 1/2 cups rice Chex
• 1 cup mixed nuts
• 1 cup small pretzels
• 1 cup plain pita chips, broken into small pieces
• 6 Tablespoons butter
• 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 Tablespoons seasoned salt
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• Dash of Tabasco hot pepper sauce
• 3 cloves garlic
1. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Add the cereal, nuts, pretzels, and pita chips to a large bowl.
3. Add the butter to a small saucepan and heat until melted over medium heat.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, onion powder, and Tabasco. Grate the garlic on a microplane grater into the butter mixture. Stir well.
5. Pour the butter mixture over the cereal, stirring as you pour. Stir well to coat everything.
6. Spread the mixture out on the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stirring carefully every 15 minutes.
7. Store in a covered container for up to 1 week.
Source: Dessert for Two
2. Homemade Graham Crackers
These homemade graham crackers are fresher and more fun than the boxed variety. They’re simple enough to make, too!
Source: Nutmeg Nanny
3. Microwave Chipotle Sweet Potato Chips
Forget deep-fried potato chips! These sweet potato chips come out perfectly crisp after a spin in the microwave.
Source: Shugary Sweets
4. Rosemary-Chipotle Roasted Nuts
Munching on a little protein will help keep them full until dinnertime. These sweet and spicy nuts are just the thing!
Source: Glorious Treats
5. Monster Cookie Snack Mix
If you’re looking for a sweet, salty, crunchy snack mix that tastes like a cookie, you’ve found the one!
6. No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites
If you’re looking for a snack that comes with a little boost of energy, these no-bake peanut butter bites are the perfect treat to keep little ones from tiring out.food / 6 Snacks to Keep Kids Happy While You Shop!