Busy weekday mornings tend to mean quick and simple breakfast in our house. On the weekends I like to spend a few more minutes and put in a little more effort. It goes a long way to starting our day off right and the kids love when I present them with something more fun than a bowl of oatmeal.
These easy breakfast kabobs don’t have to take long to make, either! Keep things easy on yourself by purchasing frozen miniature pancakes. Of course, you can use your favorite pancake recipe for these as long as you make them small enough to thread on a wooden skewer.
Need to just get up and go on weekday mornings? Try these 10 ways to simplify your morning routine, and don’t forget to get that all-important breakfast nutrition with Karly’s deliciously easy breakfast kabobs or these easy smoothie recipes!
Sweet & Savory Easy Breakfast Kabobs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 12 sausage links
- 12 strawberries
- Don’t forget to check for Driscoll’s® coupons before you shop!
- 1 banana
- 24 silver dollar pancakes
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the sausage links until golden brown and cooked through. Cut each link in half. Set aside.
- Hull the strawberries. Slice the banana into thick coins. Set aside.
- Slide pieces of sausage, fruit, and pancakes onto wooden skewers in any order you choose to make 12 skewers.
- Serve with maple syrup for dipping.