When I was growing up, orange dreamsicles were the bomb. On hot summer days, that tart orange juice paired with creamy vanilla ice cream was my go-to summer treat.
Turns out, it’s pretty easy to make your own orange dreamsicles, even without a popsicle maker. I used a Zoku Popsicle Maker to make mine, but you could use traditional molds. The great thing about the Zoku is how quickly it makes the popsicles. In just 5-7 minutes you have a homemade popsicle.
The best part about making homemade dreamsicles? You can make them as healthy as you want. . .or not! I sweetened mine with honey, but you could even use sugar or agave instead.
Ready to treat yourself to this super creamy Orange Dreamsicle recipe? Let’s get started!
Craving even more sweet and cool treats? Make these 12 summer ice pop recipes to share — or keep them all to yourself!
Orange Dreamsicle Recipe
• 1 cup orange juice
• 1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 – 2 Tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. If you want a little more orange flavor, mix orange extract with orange juice. In another bowl mix heavy cream, honey, and vanilla.
2. Freeze the Zoku overnight, then remove from freezer and pour in orange juice mixture. Let freeze 1-2 minutes.
3. Take a baster or the suction tool to pull out liquid from the middle, leaving the shell.
4. Insert your popsicle handle and pour in cream mixture around it. Let freeze 5-7 minutes.
5. Use the handle tool as directed and remove the dreamsicle. You can enjoy them right away, or freeze them in baggies for later.