Several years ago, I decided to go gluten free. Living without traditional white bread isn’t as hard as I thought it might be. I rarely eat toast, and don’t often crave sandwiches. So going without sliced bread wasn’t too tough at all.
But living without pizza has proven to be a totally different challenge. There’s nothing like a Friday night nosh fest with a few favorite friends and a big box of piping hot pizza. Sinking your teeth into savory, cheesy pizza is one of life’s better pleasures. And I was sad to think I’d have to miss out on all the yum. Until I realized just how many gluten-free ways there are to make a pizza.
From cauliflower crust to clever DIY doughs made with sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash, here are 9 more gluten-free pizza crust recipes you simply must try! With all these pizza recipes, you’ll be ready to throw your own pizza party — don’t forget to grab our free pizza party printables, too!
One of my favorite gluten-free pizza options is so quick and simple: Slices of eggplant topped with mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. This easy eggplant pizza recipe may be the quickest way ever to get gluten-free pizza in your kitchen, stat.
Let me show you just how simple this delicious recipe is to make. Just grab a baking sheet and check out the step-by-step tutorial below.
It’s seriously that simple! Layer eggplant slices with cheese and any of your favorite pizza toppings, bake until golden, and grab a fork!
Just before serving, I love topping my eggplant pizzas with a fresh sprinkling of basil. The added pop of color and flavor is exactly what this recipe needs to be over-the-top delicious!
Gluten-Free Eggplant Pizza Recipe
Yield: 9 slices
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 9 thin slices mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Nonstick baking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place eggplant slices on a large baking sheet sprayed with nonstick baking spray. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place mozzarella slices, tomatoes, and basil leaves on top of each eggplant slice. Sprinkle with garlic.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble and turn golden brown. Enjoy!