Share Your #MadeByMom Recipe & Enter for Chance to Win Two Target Gift Cards
From giving the best hugs, to soothing bumps and scrapes, to cooking our favorite meals, we don’t know where we would be without our moms.
One day isn’t nearly enough to thank our moms for all that they do, so we’re celebrating moms all month long on The Good Stuff.
We want to hear about your favorite recipes #MadeByMom. Your favorite comfort foods, the dish you ask for on your birthday, the recipe that always tastes the best when it’s made by your mom.
Coupons.com #MadeByMom Favorite Recipes
From Jennifer Freeman, editor of The Good Stuff
My mom made this lasagna for my dad on their first date. He claims that he knew she was the one after he tasted her cooking, and I loved hearing their stories almost as much as eating the lasagna itself. This dish uses ingredients found in almost every pantry, but it beats out the fancy pasta dishes I’ve had at restaurants. Tip: Ask Mom to make double, and keep one lasagna in the freezer to pull out when you really miss her.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 jar Ragu sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brown ground beef in skillet; drain. Stir in sauce and sugar; heat through.
- Combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic powder, and parsley in large bowl; set aside.
- Spread thin layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer 4 lasagna noodles, then another thin layer of meat sauce and 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture; repeat. Top with remaining 4 noodles and sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
What’s your favorite #MadeByMom recipe?
We want to hear from you! We’ll be sharing the best recipes #MadeByMom on The Good Stuff.
Enter the #MadeByMom Mother’s Day Sweepstakes for the chance to win two $250 Target e-gift cards—one for you, and one for your mom!
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia at least 18 years old at time of entry. The sweepstakes begins May 1, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. PT and ends May 28, 2015 11:59 p.m. PT.
To enter, first enter your email address and name below for 1 entry. To obtain extra entries, you can do any or all of the following:
- Sign up for The Good Stuff email newsletter using the entry form (1 entry).
- Follow us on Pinterest using the entry form (1 entry).
- Tweet your favorite food #MadeByMom (1 entry): use the tweet template below and add your favorite dish in place of “[fill in the blank]” (do not alter any other parts of the tweet template); after tweeting, paste the tweet URL into the entry form.
- Submit a recipe of your favorite dish #MadeByMom via email (5 entries): enter your email in the form below, and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using that email address with the name of the dish, mom’s first name & last initial, picture of the dish, ingredients and cooking instructions, and a photograph of the dish (at least 300 pixels wide).
- Share the sweepstakes (1 entry): using the unique link available through the entry form, share the sweepstakes with your friends; each additional person that enters the sweepstakes through your link will earn you one extra entry (up to 10 extra entries).
For complete details and odds disclosure, please review the Official Rules. By submitting an entry, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules. The sweepstakes is sponsored by Coupons.com Incorporated, and is in no way endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Target Corporation.