My love for jalapeño poppers led me to create these tasty, mini jalapeno popper puffs! Traditional poppers are calorie laden but these are just 140 calories for two. And if you didn’t think they could get any better — they’re also gluten free! Read on to get the exclusive recipe for these and then check out our March Madness skinny party appetizers!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup non fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin tin with olive oil.
- Mix together flours, baking powder, olive oil, egg and yogurt until well blended.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, jalapeño and basil.
- Place one scoop of batter into each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with salsa.