Celebrate Mardi Gras with an at-home craft that brings the fun! Our do-it-yourself exclusive of this Mardi Gras bead bowl is the perfect centerpiece when hosting an extravaganza. And if you like this bead bowl, then try your hand at one of these other crafts you can make with Mardi Gras beads!
What You Need:
- Plastic bowl (in a contrasting color as shown, or neutral)
- Several strands of mardi gras beads in colors of your choosing
- Hot glue gun
What You Do:
- Cut a bead necklace so it’s a single strand rather than a loop. Starting at the base of the bowl, attach an end bead using a dab of hot glue.
- Proceed to wrap the beads around the base of the bowl, adding a dot of hot glue every few beads.
- When you’re ready to switch colors, simply cut another strand. Glue the last bead of the first strand in place, then begin the second strand one as you did the first.
- Continue wrapping, alternating colors as you like, until the entire bowl is covered. Wipe away any stray bits of glue.