Lucky you! Our homemade version of the fast-food Shamrock Shake isn’t just spiked with Lucky Charms® marshmallows (though how cute of a topper is that?!), it’s also punch-drunk peppered with Bailey’s® Irish Cream.
Prefer to skip the booze? Swap out the Bailey’s® for some milk and you’ll have a yummy peppermint-kissed shamrock shake so rich and creamy it rivals the original. See Shamrock Shake recipe and other St. Patrick’s Day inspired desserts here!
Save that pot o’ gold for a rainy day with Lucky Charms® and General Mills® coupons!
Big or little, everyone enjoys expressing themselves with music. If you’re ready to graduate from singing in the shower to a full-blown instrument, check out this wonderful St. Patrick’s Day special from Musician’s Friend where you can get 15% off all orders of $149+! (Exp. 3/20)
Here’s how to get this delicious milkshake in your glass, fast:
Shamrock Shake Recipe
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons green sprinkles
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream (or milk)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms® marshmallows
- Give into your inner kid and pick out all the Lucky Charms® marshmallows. The cereal can be saved for later, we just want the lucky little bits for the top of our shakes.
- Rim two glasses with honey, dip in green sprinkles. Set aside.
- In a blender, puree ice cream, Bailey’s® Irish Cream, mint leaves, peppermint extract, and green food coloring. Pour into a glass.
- Top with whipped topping. Here’s a chef’s secret: That sprayable whipping cream doesn’t keep its shape and will begin to melt and weep within seconds. For a beautiful swirl on top — that stays — pipe whipped topping through an icing bag instead!
- Garnish with Lucky Charms®.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!