Here are our Top 10 favorites.
- A journal or calendar of 52 of your favorite memories about your mom—one for her to read each week over the next year.
- A frame with “now” and “then” photos—one from when you were a child and she was a young mom, and one of the two of you now.
- A collection of favorite family recipes from all the generations. (Icing on the cake if it includes photos.)
- A new iPod that comes with a playlist of her favorite music that you remember from your childhood.
- A candle made out of her grandchildren’s melted down crayons.
- Her children/grandchildren’s artwork in a frame.
- A recurring appointment added to her iCal for a call or a Skype date with you each week. (Put it on yours, too, so you don’t forget.)
- A morning to sleep in as long as she likes.
- A new ringtone with all the kids yelling, “We love you mom/grandma!”
- A clean car—get it washed, detailed and filled up with gas.
Want more DIY ideas or a little inspiration for your inner crafty self? Check out what we’ve found on Pinterest.