If you grew up in the 90s, you likely grew up begging your mama for Bomb Pops, Drumsticks, or Choco Tacos whenever the ice cream man drove by.
Instead of dreaming of those days, why not dive into a whole batch of homemade treats inspired by favorite ice cream sweets from yonder years? With just a few easy steps and a handful of basic ingredients, you can have your own DIY Ice Cream Tacos in about an hour.
Before beginning this surprisingly easy escapade, I recommend you round up two special items: A pizzelle iron and taco rack. Both are available at specialty kitchen stores, or your can ship them in from your favorite online retailer.
Once you’ve rounded up the goods, this recipe is as easy as 1-2-Ice Cream. Check it out below!
Looking for more cool treats? Take one sip of this fruit-filled Mango Milkshake and you’ll be hooked!
DIY Ice Cream Tacos
Yield: 6 tacos
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pint ice cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Sprinkles or topping of your choice
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla, until a soft dough forms.
- Spoon a 2-Tablepoon scoop of dough into the center of a hot pizzelle iron. Cook until golden brown.
- Remove cookies and nest in a taco mold. Allow to harden.
- Fill each shell with scoops of ice cream. Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with sprinkles or topping of your choice.