Thanks to the price of admission, a night at the theater or a day at a stadium can drain your bank account. Fortunately, we have some tips that could lead to big savings, leaving you more money for those delicious (albeit overpriced) hot dogs or a souvenir t-shirt.
- Performing arts theaters often sell discounted tickets for standing room or partial-view seats. This is a great way to see a symphony or opera where a partial view will still give you full access to sound. Save even more when you book through a site like TicketsNow and use a code for 10% off concert and theater tickets.
- Credit card companies often reward their loyal customers with discounted tickets. Visa Signature members can get 20% off movie tickets through Fandango. Discover cardholders get 5% off Six Flags admission, parking, food and more. American Express members can get presale tickets and preferred seating through Ticketmaster.
- The closer you are to kickoff/first pitch/tip off, the better the deals. So if you’re okay with last minute plans, wait till just before the game to purchase tickets from a secondary market like StubHub. Sign up for StubHub Fan Rewards to earn 2% in rewards on your purchases.
- For sports like baseball, you are going to pay more for weekend games. You will usually find the best prices on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Opponents affect price so if they’re playing a good team, a major rival or a team in close proximity, you’ll get to watch a good match, but you’ll pay for it.
- According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, the average gambling budget for Vegas gamblers is $484.70. And while a coupon code won’t help you at the poker table, it can save you on entertainment. Check destination specific discount sites like VegasTickets.com, which is offering $25 off your next ticket purchase.
Final Tip: Many Broadway shows sell same-day tickets at a huge discount. It’s a gamble because it’s based on what’s still available so your seats could be front row, partial view or dead center. But if you’re flexible, you could get tickets for as much as 50% off. Be there when the box office opens to snag the best seats.