Easter is one of those season’s where the Pinterest folk can get a little out of control. Hand-crocheted bunnies, locally grown homemade chocolates, eggs dyed so elaborately, you’d never actually want to eat them. Pshaw.
You can make Easter gloriously gorgeous without spending all your spare time at the knitting holiday-themed homestuffs. Because, these adorable Rainbow Deviled Eggs take minutes to make. Feel free to get creative with your colors! Go vibrant, neon, rainbow, or pretty pastels. A little more gel coloring will give you brighter colors, a little less coloring (and a little more vinegar) will give you softer colors. If you have trouble finding gel food coloring at the grocery store, try your local Michael’s or cake supply store.
Once the eggs have been soaked into colored dye, you simple slice, devil the yolks, and serve up your picture perfect Easter treats. So easy, so gorgeous.
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Gel food coloring
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Place 2 peeled eggs each in 6 separate ziptop bags.
2. Place 1 teaspoon vinegar and 1 teaspoon food coloring in each bag. Mush the bag around to spread the color all around the outside of the egg. 3. Place in fridge for 30-60 minutes.
4. Remove eggs from fridge. Rinse in very cold water. Slice eggs in half, then remove the yolks from the center of each egg.
5. Place yolks in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic salt, and pepper to the yolks. Mix together with a fork or immersion blender until very, very smooth.
6. Spoon yolk mixtures back into the center of each egg.
Brooke McLay is a professional recipe developer, food photographer, food writer, and single mom to four rad kids. Author of two cookbooks and the beloved blog, CheekyKitchen.com, her creative approach to fast, fresh, family-friendly foods has garnered her regular gigs with Disney’s Babble.com, Tablespoon.com, Good Cook, and Coupons.com.