February 14 is not just about showing off your romantic love, it’s about letting everyone in your life know how much you care. But sometimes it can be a challenge to find ways to express your love. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the ones you love with these five ideas for pets, kids, friends and grandparents.
5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Pets:
- Show love for your pet daily by putting their paw on a necklace.
- Turn a thrift store dresser into a doggy or kitty bed fit for canine/feline royalty.
- Buy a gift basket designed especially for your pup like this Pampered Pooch Market Box from 1800basket.com. Use a coupon code to save.
- Bake these super simple peanut butter and yogurt heart-shaped dog treats.
- Re-use one of your old T-shirts and turn it into a chew toy that your dog won’t be able to get enough of!
5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Kids:
- Leave witty lunchtime love notes all week long.
- Make heart-shaped crayons using cupcake or candy molds.
- Buy a fun fleece print from the fabric store and make this DIY no-sew blanket your kids can get cozy with.
- Use the leftover wrappers from Valentine’s Day cupcakes to DIY a cute craft together.
- Start the morning off with a heart-shaped breakfast like these berry pancake muffins.
5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Friends:
- Send a bouquet of dried yellow roses. Not only is it the symbol of friendship but yellow roses represent optimism, joy and good health!
- Have a “friendship” movie marathon. Choose from flicks like Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion, I Love You, Man, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Bridesmaids and Now and Then.
- Deliver a picture perfect cupcake in an upside down jar. Looking for other great ideas in jars? Then try your hand at creating these DIY lavender heart bath melts in a jar.
- Coffee is on you this morning! Email a Starbuck’s gift card they can use immediately. If they’re not into Starbucks, then let them try one of these homemade coffee drinks instead.
- Send a beauty subscription box. Start your pal off with the Valentine’s Day themed “I Heart You” box from Birchbox.
5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Grandparents:
- Have an old sweetheart picture of them framed on canvas. Save 30% off orders of $30+ at Walgreen’s Photo.
- Get creative with handprint art.
- Fill a day-of-the-week pillbox with candy and love notes for grandma and grandpa.
- Put together a breakfast in bed gift basket filled with pancake mix, jam, tea and other goodies to make their morning special.
- Transfer old home movies onto DVDs and spend the evening reminiscing.