Did you buy your first holiday gift yet? The Holiday Helper Week 3 is all about setting up your shopping plan so you can make the official plunge into the holiday season. Get your credit card in order and your phone loaded with apps so you can streamline holiday shopping and get rewarded along the way. Here are your Holiday Helper assignments:
Load your credit cards
Use credit cards responsibly and they can actually help you save. If you’re able to pay off your balance at the end of the month, then you should be taking advantage of credit card rewards and linked offers.
- Activate Q4 bonus offers. Some rewards cards (including Chase Freedom, Discover it, and Citi Dividend) offer 5% bonus categories every quarter. Q4 offers are typically designed to help out with holiday shopping with deals at places like Best Buy, Amazon and department stores.
If you don’t have a rewards card yet, now is the perfect time to sign up for a Chase Freedom Card with a $100 Bonus!
- Review credit card perks. Even if you don’t have a cash back card, there may be some perks you’re not aware of. For example, Visa has variety of offers on travel, dining and retail.
- Sign up for card linked offers. Link your Visa, MasterCard or American Express to your Coupons.com account and take advantage of card linked offers. Make purchases with your card at select retailers to get cash back or gift cards.
Download shopping apps
Smart phone users have a valuable shopping tool with them at all times. Load your phone with apps that will help you save and stay organized as you shop this holiday season.
- Choose a tracking app. Tracking apps make it possible to keep tabs on all of your online purchases. You can download them individually (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc) or an app like Slice which tracks everything in one place.
- Download couponing app. The Coupons.com mobile app makes it possible to save in store right from your phone. Use the “Nearby” tab to find savings around you the next time you’re at the mall.
Sign up for The Good Stuff’s email newsletter and receive all 12 weeks of the Holiday Helper — your ultimate guide for savings and sanity this holiday season!
Sign up for the email newsletter