Summertime grilling is usually about the chicken and steaks. But, if you’re looking to add a few new options to your backyard BBQ repertoire, turkey burgers are a great way to go. Especially with my simple take on this insanely tasty, double decker grilled turkey burger recipe.
Frozen turkey burgers are seasoned to perfection, then grilled until golden and tender. Assemble on challah or brioche buns with Swiss cheese, bacon, guacamole, and pico de gallo and you’ll have the most irresistible burger of the summer.
This recipe lends itself nicely to a DIY burger bar. Place the toppings listed below, and any other favorites, on a table and invite everyone to build the burger of their dreams. For extra ease, look in the fresh produce section where most local grocers prepare fresh salsa and pico de gallo so you don’t have to make a batch yourself.
This juicy turkey burger would be perfect for a summer barbecue — and we’ve got the scoop on some other picnic recipes that won’t bust your budget!
Grilled Double Decker Bacon & Guac Turkey Burgers
Yield: 6 burgers
Pre time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 6 Jennie-O® frozen turkey burgers
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 brioche or challah buns
- 6 slices thick-cut Swiss cheese
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 1-1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1 cup prepared pico de gallo
Add some savings to your summer with $1.50 off a package of Jennie-O® Frozen Turkey Burgers (a 2-pound package or larger) plus more Jennie-O® coupons!
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season frozen burgers on both sides with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place patties on grill, cooking on both sides until cooked through.
- Place Swiss cheese on top of patties and cook just until cheese is melted.
- Assemble burgers by placing two patties on top of each other.
- Top with bacon, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Serve immediately and enjoy!