It’s time for St. Patrick’s Day, when all things Irish and green reign supreme!
A St. Patrick’s Day celebration isn’t complete without something sweet. These seven St. Patrick’s Day desserts range from super easy to ultra impressive, and there’s something on the list for everyone. Whether you’re a Baileys Irish Cream fan or looking for some green desserts that will delight the kids, you’re sure to find something decadent to enjoy on this fun and festive holiday.
Ready to get started? Check out this slideshow of my favorite Irish-inspired, Baileys-filled, green desserts!
1. Luck of the Irish Cake Balls
Cake balls are the perfect bite-sized dessert, you won’t be able to stop at just one! Best of all, they’re super easy to make with simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry. They’re a super fun project to do with the kids too! These Luck of the Irish Cake Balls feature a surprise emerald green center for the ultimate festive treat.
Makes 36 cake balls
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour + chilling time
• 1 box white cake mix
• Eggs and oil in amounts directed on cake mix box
• 1 ounce green food coloring
• 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons white frosting
• 1 pound white candy melts or almond bark
• Optional: Green sprinkles
Stir in some savings and grab a coupon for Pillsbury.
1. Prepare cake mix with the amount of oil, water, and eggs directed on the box. Stir in the green food coloring.
2. Bake in a 9×13-inch pan according to package directions.
3. Let cake cool completely, then break apart and crumble until fine crumbs form.
4. Stir in the frosting until a dough forms. If the dough seems dry, you can add additional frosting, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
5. Roll the cake mixture into Tablespoon-sized balls. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and chill for at least 1 hour.
6. Melt the white candy in a bowl in the microwave, heating for 30-second increments or until completely smooth.
7. Place each cake ball on a fork and use a spoon to pour the candy melts over the cake ball. Tap against the side of the bowl to remove excess candy melt.
8. Place the ball on a parchment-lined sheet pan and top with sprinkles if desired.
9. Repeat with remaining cake balls and candy melts.
10. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Source: Beyond Frosting
2. Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
This beautiful Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake is creamy, decadent, and full of chocolate flavor! The Baileys whipped cream topping is the perfect finishing touch.
Grab a coupon from Hershey’s for some sweet savings!
Source: Tastes of Lizzy T
3. Frosted Shamrock Cookies
These adorable Frosted Shamrock Cookies will make both children and adults smile. They’re perfect for classroom celebrations or even as party favors!
Source: The Good Stuff
4. Irish Whiskey Lava Cakes
These Irish Whiskey Lava Cakes are loaded with chocolate for a fabulous end to your St. Patrick’s Day meal. Best of all, they only contain five ingredients and take five minutes to put together!
Stock up on chocolate and save with Ghirardelli coupons.
Source: Dinner, Then Dessert
5. Rainbow Cupcakes with Vanilla Cloud Frosting
These beautiful rainbow cupcakes are a colorful and fun way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! A must-make for the children in your life.
Source: Liv for Cake
6. Coffee & Baileys Layer Cake
This show-stopping dessert is a tantalizing combination of coffee, Baileys Irish Cream and dark chocolate. It tastes as good as it looks!
7. Boozy Shamrock Shake Cupcakes
These Shamrock Shake Cupcakes are made with peppermint schnapps for a fun twist on the classic shake.food / 7 Must-Make St. Patrick’s Day Desserts