How to Score Great Tech Deals
When you’re shopping for a college student, back to school “supplies” take on a whole new meaning. Not only are college students stocking up on the small essentials, but they also need big-ticket items like dorm room décor and a new computer. The good news is tech manufacturers are competing for your back-to-school dollars so they’re willing to offer some major incentives.
- Students who buy a Mac through September 21 can get a $100 gift card to use on apps, books, music and movies. Buy the new iPad and get a $50 gift card. If you purchase a computer, you’ll score additional savings with Apple’s education pricing.
- Sony is also offering a variety of student deals like up to $250 off a Playstation 3 with your computer purchase. You can also save up to 10% with special pricing for students, faculty and staff.
- Microsoft is offering students a free Xbox 360 when you buy select Windows laptops. Shop at places like HP or Best Buy to score this deal. Just need the software? Get special student pricing on Windows 7 at the Microsoft Store.
- Staples will give you a $100 Visa prepaid card when you buy select laptops. Bring your student ID or college acceptance letter to redeem this offer. Don’t miss out on many other Staples deals happening now.
- Now that you have a new computer, you’ll need to make sure it’s protected. Norton is offering students up to 50% in savings on backup and antivirus software.
If you don’t need brand new, you can find substantial savings when you shop for a refurbished computer. These are usually floor models or returns that manufacturers inspect, repair and repackage. Just make sure it has a warranty and the option to return or exchange it.