The holidays may be over, but check your phone––you probably snapped a few photos that perfectly captured the magic and wonder of the season. Here’s how to turn your digital snapshots into pictures that you can easily share throughout the year.
- Is your calendar so 2011? Update it by creating a 2012 photo calendar with your best holiday shots. Get $5 off the purchase of a calendar at Coupons.com.
- Catch your breath in January, but remember that February is another gift-giving month. Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and everyone loves a photo in a frame. Get 20 free 4×6 photos, free 5×7 photos and more at Coupons.com. Find cool, inexpensive frames in clearance sections at department stores.
- Camera on the fritz? Before you buy a new one, look for coupon codes. You can find 20% off and free shipping on digital cameras at Best Buy, or from other online stores.
- If you prefer to have tangible prints of all your digital photos, buy photo boxes and organize your snapshots according to events. Kids can participate by writing their favorite memories on the divider cards––you’ll love reading their notes years down the road. Inevitable fingerprints and smudges on photos can be erased by gently dabbing them with a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol.
- Create and print photo books on sites like Shutterfly, Lulu, Mixbook or Snapfish. Or create online photo galleries (Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, Facebook, etc.) and email links to share with friends and family.