Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and people everywhere are making plans to celebrate their moms next Sunday—and this is great! But I’m going to be honest with you: A day to celebrate Mom just isn’t enough.
Motherhood is hard. Easily the hardest job I’ve ever had. As much as I love my four kids, being their mom, mommy, mother or personal ATM (and taxi driver) can be exhausting.
That’s why I love the fact that Coupons.com is celebrating moms all month long, giving away amazing prizes (something new every week!), wads of cash and lots of great tips and inspiration here on our blog. Stay tuned, this is going to be a wild ride.
Some might ask, really? Do moms really need a whole month?
To that I say, yes! A month-long celebration is nothing. Here are my top 5 reasons that moms everywhere deserve 31 days instead of just 1.
1. Bringing a child into the world takes a good nine months—complete with nausea, stretch marks, fatigue, hormonal fluctuations and, of course, watching your belly stretch in ways you never imagined. The end result is worth it, of course. But it’s a nine-month long journey of twists and turns. Please. A month of celebrating that journey is easily deserved.
2. Some of the most selfless people I know are moms who would never ask for a coffee break, a day off, a vacation from motherhood (is there such a thing?), or really anything for themselves. It’s high time we paid them back with more than just brunch on Sunday.
3. There is no job description for the role of “mom,” and it’s stressful trying to make it all up as you go. Just the fact that most moms are improvising along the way—and trying to do the best job they can—is worthy of a month of accolades.
4. Did you ever throw temper tantrums in the grocery store as a toddler? Trash your mom’s car with crackers, gummy bears, juice boxes and Skittles? Draw on a wall with a Sharpie? Stain her carpet with a variety of hard-to-get-out substances? Come in past curfew and make her lay in bed awake with worry? ‘Nuff said.
5. Motherhood lasts forever. Once you become a mom, you never “un-become” one, unlike other jobs and roles you may take on in a lifetime. I can’t imagine a mom who doesn’t cherish the fact that she’s been given this privilege. But in light of forever, one month is a drop in the bucket.
Now you can celebrate your mom all month long with our #SuperheroMom Giveaway! You could win her a really cool prize or maybe a little extra spending money. You have the chance to win something every day through May as Coupons.com is giving away daily prizes and four grand prizes for Mother’s Day. ENTER NOW.
- The Mother’s Day SuperheroMom Giveaway starts Monday, May 5th at 12:00am PT and will run through May 31, 2014 11:59pm PT.
- Click here during the Promotion Period and follow the links and instructions.
- Enter via the registration form. One winner will be picked per day, per method of entry.
- You may enter one time per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address.
- TWENTY-SEVEN (27) DAILY PRIZES (one (1) awarded during each Daily Entry Period): A $100 Visa® digital gift card. ARV: $100.
- ONE (1) WEEK ONE GRAND PRIZE (awarded during Weekly Entry Period 1): A Vitamix® blender. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $500.ONE (1) WEEK TWO GRAND PRIZE (awarded during Weekly Entry Period 2): A $500 Sephora® digital gift card. ARV: $500.ONE (1) WEEK THREE GRAND PRIZE (awarded during Weekly Entry Period 3): An iRobot Roomba® vacuum. ARV: $500.ONE (1) WEEK FOUR GRAND PRIZE (awarded during Weekly Entry Period 4): A $500 Visa® digital gift card. ARV: $500.
- Administrator will randomly select the potential Daily Entry Period winners from all eligible entries received during each applicable Daily Entry Period, on or around the dates listed in the chart below.
- The potential winners will be notified by email.
- The potential winners will be required to verify their email addresses for prize fulfillment purposes within two (2) days or five (5) days (depending on the prize) of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize.