Almost 40 years ago, on August 16th, we lost Elvis Presley, one of the most significant cultural icons of the 20th century. To pay homage to the “King of Rock n’ Roll,” I’ve decided to make a simple and budget-friendly dessert that includes all of Elvis’ favorite things!
Have you heard of the “Elvis sandwich?” Apparently, one of his go-to snacks was a peanut butter sandwich with bacon and banana. Some of the variations have honey, which is a sweet and delicious touch.
I chose to make my dessert with all of the ingredients listed above wrapped in a crescent roll. I wasn’t quite sure how all of the flavors would come together and was a little apprehensive. . .I’m sure you’re curious, too!
Let me end the suspense: This Elvis Crescent Rolls recipe is amazing!
I can see why Elvis loved this treat. The sweet, salty, and creamy just work together. The crescent roll breading just adds to the deliciousness, and it’s so easy to pop a couple in your mouth. This is a dessert even Elvis would be proud of!
See how it’s done in the video below!
These Elvis Crescent Rolls would make a fantastic school lunch or after-school snack! If your kiddos are craving more delicious eats, check out these other cheap school lunch ideas that cost just under $1!
Elvis Crescent Rolls Recipe
Makes 8 rolls.
• One package Pillsbury crescent rolls
• 1/2 banana
• 1/4 cup peanut butter
• 2-3 Tablespoons honey
• 2 pieces bacon
1. Pop open the crescent roll package and unroll the dough. Lay onto a non-stick cooking sheet.
2. Place a small dollop of peanut butter in the center of each roll.
3. Squeeze a small amount of honey onto the peanut butter.
4. Cut 1/2 a banana into eight slices. Place one slice on the peanut butter and honey.
5. Cook 2 pieces of bacon in the microwave for 2 minutes (or until completely cooked). Break into pieces and sprinkle in the center of each roll.
6. Fold the sides of each crescent roll in and roll up. Cook according to package instructions: Mine were cooked at 375 degrees for about 11-13 minutes.
6. Let cool and serve!