You’ve dialed in the marshmallow-topped sweet potato Thanksgiving casserole, but it’s time to give the sweet potato time to shine in other recipes, too.
Sweet and mild, these orange-hued potatoes are a fall favorite. Swap out white potatoes for the sweet variety and you’ll get a major nutrition boost just in time for flu season.
From chili to fries to lasagna, the versatile sweet potato gives your savory dish a hint of awesome sweetness. But don’t let me tell you that. Check out these 11 incredibly delicious, easy sweet potato recipes that let this humble root vegetable speak for itself.
Put a tasty twist on another Thanksgiving classic with these updated green bean casserole recipes!
1. Roasted Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
Baked sweet potatoes aren’t just a delicious dinnertime side dish, they’re also ideal for breakfast.
Here’s one of my family’s favorite ways to enjoy them in the morning: A quick and easy breakfast bowl that is truly tasty. Quick and simple, this one is ideal for those mornings when you want something sweet, but don’t want to break out the carb-laden pancakes.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• Salt and pepper
• 2 chicken sausage links, sliced
• 1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with coconut oil and maple syrup, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and place sausage on baking sheet, toss to coat with oil mixture. Bake for 10 minutes more, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
4. Remove and cool slightly. Toss with blueberries. Serve with a drizzle of pure maple syrup, if desired.
Source: Not Enough Cinnamon
2. Skinny Buffalo Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Take a bite of this Skinny Buffalo Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe and experience pure taste bud happiness. Creamy blue cheese, fiery Buffalo sauce, and tender chicken nestle inside the flesh of a baked sweet potato for a lip-smackingly good dinner.
Source: Cooking Classy
3. Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
This Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili screams fall. Loaded with meat-free goodness, you can pile it high with all your favorite taco toppings on Meatless Mondays.
Source: Fit Foodie Finds
4. Sweet Potato & Spinach Lasagna
You’ll do a double take with this amazing Sweet Potato & Spinach Lasagna. Sweet potato is incorporated into the cheesy layer for a little something different than your usual lasagna.
Source: Carlsbad Cravings
5. Herbed Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Bacon & Gruyere
You’ve hit the jackpot with these Herbed Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Bacon & Gruyere. Hidden amongst slices of sweet potato are irresistible pieces of chopped bacon swimming in an herbed gruyere cream sauce. Total yum!
Source: Cookie and Kate
6. Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Soup
Rich and comforting Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Soup is a must for your fall menu. A hint of curry paste and ginger lend warm flavors, making it a perfect autumn-inspired soup.
7. Baked Sweet Potato Sticks
Dig in to a no-guilt plate of these delicious Baked Sweet Potato Sticks. Crispy on the edges and soft inside, these yummy fries are just right for dipping in your favorite sauce.
Source: Damn Delicious
8. Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Get your veg on with these incredible Sweet Potato Enchiladas. Stuffed with sweet potatoes, black beans, and other wholesome ingredients, these salsa verde-smothered enchiladas work for a cozy fall dinner or anytime you need a hearty vegetarian meal.
Source: The Cozy Apron
9. Warm-Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Get ready for the most amazing potato salad ever — did I mention it’s a sweet potato salad, and it’s tossed with pecans, blue cheese, cranberries, and bacon? There’s no going back to your usual potato salad after you’ve tried this amazing Warm-Roasted Sweet Potato Salad.
Source: Chelsea’s Messy Apron
10. Crock Pot Creamy Chicken, Wild Rice & Sweet Potato Soup
Dump it and forget it? Yup, this Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Sweet Potato Soup is such an easy and flavorful recipe, you’ll have it on rotation all winter long. It’s the perfect soup to come home to on a chilly night.
11. Ground Turkey & Sweet Potato Skillet
Keep it all in one pan with this easy Ground Turkey & Sweet Potato Skillet recipe. Dig in to a tasty autumn dinner that’s full of simple, wholesome ingredients.food / 11 Easy Sweet Potato Recipes to Switch Up Your Thanksgiving