Decorate a batch of hard-boiled eggs with this fun twist on the traditional. Instead of using vinegar, foamy shaving cream makes a perfect medium for swirly food coloring.
Though I don’t recommend eating eggs made in this way, it’s a creative way to get crafty for Easter. Kid-friendly and quick, here’s how to dye Easter eggs with shaving cream:
1. Start with 6-12 hard-boiled eggs. Dry completely.
2. Spray shaving cream (the foam sort, not the gel) into a muffin tin.
3. Place several drops of food coloring into each cup. Swirl with a cotton swab.
4. Gently set eggs in the cups, swirling several times, until completely coated.
5. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove eggs and rinse with cold water.
7. Enjoy your decorative crafts!