Here’s a Frozen Party Idea I created exclusively for The Good Stuff readers. Hope you enjoy!
Cool off this summer with a Disney-inspired party for your kids. These recipes and DIY Frozen birthday party ideas feature cool treats and designs that won’t overwhelm.
- Set the tone with the Frozen soundtrack playing in the background.
- Think snowflakes, bling, and sparkle.
- Cut out our Frozen label templates to use for name cards, water bottles, and cupcake toppers.
- Frame our “I like warm hugs” printable and place on your table. Wrap bottles of water with our snowflake wrappers.
Activities and Game ideas:
- Pin the Nose on Olaf.
- Decorate Princess Hats – use plain party hats and let the children decorate with diamonds and ribbon.
- Impromptu Frozen inspired karaoke with “Let It Go” as the main song choice.
Time to Eat:
Serve up a decadent buffet of goodies at your DIY Frozen birthday party. Choose a few recipes to make and then add some ready-to-serve items. We used yogurt covered pretzels and blue colored malt balls to match the decor.
Anna’s Frozen Heart Chocolate
Whip up a batch of Anna’s Frozen Heart Chocolate. Based on the famous treat from NYC, our drink is a cross between a shake and a slushy. This sweet drink is easy to make and sure to be a hit with the kids.
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons raspberry puree
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 instant hot chocolate packets
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 cups ice, whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix cool whip and water together. Spread across the pan about 1-inch thick. Use a knife to swirl the raspberry puree through the Cool Whip mixture. Cover and freeze. Use a 1-inch heart cookie cutter.
Place hot chocolate mix, milk and ice in a blender. Mix until icy. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream and one Cool Whip heart.
No DIY Frozen birthday party is complete without a snowman. Kids will create edible Olaf S’mores they can toast and enjoy. Don’t want Olaf to melt? Replace the lollipop with a straw and add the snowman to your drink.
- Graham Crackers
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- large marshmallows
- Wilton Snowman Decorating Kit (purchase at Michaels)
- pretzel sticks
- lollipop sticks
White Chocolate Snowballs
The kids will love munching on White Chocolate Snowballs. Melt white chocolate in the microwave. Dip large marshmallows in the chocolate and roll in the white sprinkles. You can also dip them in blue sanding sugar.
- 8 large marshmallows
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or 1/2 cup white sprinkles
- 8 lollipop sticks
Blue Raspberry Jell-Olaf
Our Jell-O shots are delicious layers of blue jello and sweetened cream cheese. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle a sanding sugar over the top.
- 1 package Blue Raspberry Jell-o
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions: Make the jello as stated on the box. Pour a layer of the jello into individual glasses and refrigerate until set. Top with a layer of cream cheese, mixed with sugar. Smooth out and top with another layer of jello. Refrigerate and repeat. End with a layer of blue jello. When ready to serve top with whipped cream.
Sven’s Carrot Dip
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Sprinkles (optional)
Mix together in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream
Create a jeweled crown to hold our vanilla cupcakes in. We glued blue stones onto cupcake wrappers that we found at Michaels. If you are too busy to bake, buy cupcakes from your grocery store and sprinkle them with a little blue sanding sugar. Glue our snowflake circles onto toothpicks and stick in the top right before serving.
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Follow directions on box to make cupcakes. Bake and cool. Mix together butter, sugar, milk and vanilla. Place frosting in a piping bag or a plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Start at the outside and circle around three times.
- 1 bottle Polar Blast Hawaiian Punch
- 1 bottle Ginger Ale
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
Directions: Mix half the bottle of Hawaiian Punch and half the bottle of ginger ale in a large bowl. Add scoops of vanilla ice cream.
With these tips, you’re sure to pull off a great DIY Frozen birthday party that will inspire your own little Anna and Elsa!