Have company on the way or need a quick filler for the center of the table? Fashion an instant table centerpiece with these DIY candles. Just combine a plain candle with coordinating ribbons and decorative pebbles!
What You Need:
- Plain candle(s)
- Ribbons and trims in various widths and textures to match your décor
- Straight pins
- Ceramic or glass balls and pebbles to match your décor
How to Make It:
- Start with a wider piece of ribbon, trimmed to the circumference of your candle. Wrap the ribbon snuggly around the candle and pin in place in the back with a straight pin.
- Group several smaller-width ribbons together, wrap around the candle over the wider ribbon you just pinned in place, and tie them into a decorative bow.
- Place the candle(s) on a square or circular decorative tray.
- Sprinkle decorative pebbles or stones around the candle(s). Vary the sizes and textures of these accents to create visual interest.
- Place the tray in the center of your table to complete your entertaining display!
This idea (candles + tray) can be replicated around your home in various ways to suit the season and your style! If ribbon and pebbles aren’t quite the look you’re going for, give one of these other candle DIY techniques a try! They are all quick and easy; and best of all: most of them are temporary, so you can swap out their looks as the season or your mood changes!