Now that fall is in the air, you might want to stock up on a great pair of denim jeans that fits both your style and your budget. Denim is the easiest piece to create outfits around because it goes with just about anything and everything. From distressed boyfriend cuts to polka dot skinny jeans, this list will get you prepped with the best deals on denim this season.
Find Your Perfect Fit
- Wide-legged, flare jeans work well for hourglass figures. And flat front skinnies are perfect for women with that shape as well.
- If you are working with curves, then stick with low-rise denim with a semi-flare to give yourself a balanced look.
- Boot cut jeans work well for plus-sized women, especially in a solid, dark wash for a slimming style.
- Tall girls have all the fun because they can basically rock any kind of denim style. Straight-legged jeans make you look like you have legs for days.
Buy In Your Budget
- J. Crew: Save 25% on denim styles for women, men, girls and boys: Expires 9/27/2013
- Old Navy: Shop the Plus Size Denim Line for Jeans from $19: Expires 9/30/2013
- G by Guess: Save up to 30% off select denim: Expires 9/30/2013
- Rich & Skinny: Free ground shipping on entire purchase: Expires 9/30/2013
- Aeropostale: Free shipping and returns on all jeans: Expires 10/26/2013
- Lee: Save up to 70% off select sale items: Expires 10/31/2013
- Joe’s Jeans: Save 30-50% off men’s and women’s sale items: Expires 10/31/2013
- Curve Control Jeans: Save 25% on your order: Expires 10/31/2013
- Madewell: Free shipping and returns on all jeans: Expires 10/31/2013
- Genetic Denim: Free shipping on all U.S. orders: Expires 12/31/2013
Use These Tips and Tricks
- No time to try on jeans in the store? Wrap the waistline around the diameter of your neck. If the waistline meets the back of your neck then the jeans fit.
- If you are in between denim sizes, go with the smaller size because jeans tend to stretch with wear.
- Afraid that jeans will shrink in the wash? Place them in a plastic bag and freeze them for a day or two to get rid of odor.
- Before taking your jeans to a tailor, throw them in the washing machine twice to make them shorter.
Shopping Tip: Now that you know the skinny on denim, get ready to stock up in October, which is the best time to buy jeans. Stores will put their excess denim on sale next month because the back-to-school rush has ended.