You’ve been there — rushing from school pickup to piano lessons to soccer practice, all after a hard day’s work, and you barely have the energy to open a can of soup for dinner. If this is your life, it’s time to add some some slow cooked dinners to your menu.
What’s better than coming home to a warm and ready casserole? Not much, and the slow cooker will be your life-saver on nights when serving a home-cooked meal seems impossible. It’s as simple as tossing a few ingredients in your Crock Pot in the morning and thanking the stars that you did once dinnertime rolls around!
Get ready for 10 incredibly tasty Crock Pot casserole recipes that will take all the stress of making dinner out of your busy weeknights.
Want to get a head start on this week’s slow cooker meals and save even more time? Check out these 10 easy Crock Pot freezer meals!
1. Pumpkin-Chicken-Bacon Crock Pot Lasagna
Toss all sorts of yummy fall flavors into the Crock Pot and what do you get? This insanely delish, super creamy Pumpkin-Chicken-Bacon Crock Pot Lasagna. An absolute must-try, there’s enough here to feed a crowd, so call a few friends over!
Yield: 8 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 6-8 hours
• 15 ounces pumpkin
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 teaspoon garlic puree or 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
• 1 pint heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 cup chicken broth — Clip Swanson broth coupons here!
• 2 leaves sage, finely chopped
• 15 ounces ricotta or cottage cheese
• 1 egg
• 1 pound ground turkey or chicken sausage
• 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 ounces cooked bacon
• 9 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked — Clip a Barilla pasta coupon here!
1. In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, olive oil, garlic, cream, salt, pumpkin pie spice, broth, and sage.
2. In a second bowl, mix together ricotta, egg, ground sausage, 2 cups cheese, and half the bacon.
3. Drizzle 1/4 cup of pumpkin mix into the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Top with 3 noodles (breaking up, if needed, to cover the layer), then add 1/2 cup pumpkin mix and spread 1/3 of the meat mixture on top, add more pumpkin mix, then noodles. Repeat, layering sauce, noodles, sauce, meat mixture, etc.
4. For top layer, drizzle remaining pumpkin mix on top, then sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups cheese. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
2. Slow Cooker Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
Source: Chef in Training
Sun-dried tomatoes paired with fresh basil and a creamy sauce give plain chicken a little pizazz. With just a few simple ingredients, this warm and bubbly Slow Cooker Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken will be ready and waiting when you walk in the door.
3. Slow Cooker Beef & Cheese Pasta
Source: The Cooking Jar
Pasta with meat sauce is a kid-approved meal, and this version simmers all day so the flavors intensify. Cheesy, meaty, and delicious, hearty eaters will love coming home to this dinner.
4. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Source: Damn Delicious
Chicken Pot Pie in the slow cooker is almost too good to be true. This homemade version has all the goodness of traditional chicken pot pie in a simple and easy to make slow-cooked recipe.
5. Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole
Source: The Seasoned Mom
Need a simple dinner option? This Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole comes together quickly and fuels the whole family with hearty and delicious ingredients.
6. Slow Cooker Taco Casserole
Source: Slow Cooker Gourmet
What’s easier than serving tacos? A Slow Cooker Taco Casserole, that’s what! This delicious casserole has south-of-the-border flavor without the hassle of assembling tacos. Get all your favorite Mexican flavors in a simple slow cooker meal.
7. Crock Pot Risotto with Butternut Squash & Sausage
Source: I Heart Naptime
Perfect for fall, this Crock Pot Risotto with Butternut Squash and Sausage is chock full of squash, sausage, and creamy risotto. Traditional risotto requires near constant stirring, but this recipe gives you a break so you can get on with your day.
8. Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Stew
Source: Sweet Peas and Saffron
This hearty and filling Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Stew is packed with chicken, salsa, green chilies, black beans, corn, carrots, peppers, and onions. Serve with avocado, sour cream, and tortilla chips for scooping.
9. Slow Cooker Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
Source: Betty Crocker
Gooey and cheesy, this Slow Cooker Chicken & Broccoli Casserole is a dream to eat. Condensed cream soup, sour cream, and oodles of cheese are cradled between layers of soft lasagna noodles. You’ll love every little bite of this incredible slow cooker casserole!
10. Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
Source: The Gunny Sack
Loaded with pepperoni and cheese, this Crock Pot Pizza Casserole has all the amazing flavor of pizza in a hands-off slow cooker recipe. Don’t wait for delivery when you can come home to this pizza-inspired meal.
11. Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini
Source: The Gunny Sack
Warm, comforting Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini is perfect for a chilly fall night. This easy slow cooker recipe will quickly become a favorite family dinner.