It’s a common occurrence for many people: You’re running out the door, on the way to a party, and realize you forgot a hostess’ gift or this year’s exchange with coworkers. If it’s happened to you, welcome to the club.
Fortunately, there’s no need to jump into a shopping frenzy or even take a trip to the mall. Here are some stress-free solutions to last-minute gifts.
- If your recipient has a Kindle or Nook, you can gift them the eBook of your choice. Just type in their email address, designate a delivery date and your shopping is done. Of course, you could always give them a gift certificate, but selecting a particular book will make your last-minute gift seem all the more thoughtful.
- Have holiday flowers delivered. Many websites offer same-day delivery and coupon codes like 15% off your order at 1-800-FLOWERS or 20% off when you purchase 2 gifts at ProFlowers.
- Give a one-year magazine subscription. Grab the current issue from newsstand to wrap. When you order the subscription, you can request that it start with the following issue to avoid duplicates.
- A streaming service is the gift that keeps on giving. Buy a subscription to a movie streaming service like Netflix for $7.99 a month, or pay for a no-ad, unlimited music streaming service like Spotify for as little as $4.99 a month.
- If you’re looking for a practical present, purchase a one-year gift membership to a warehouse club like Costco for $55 or Sam’s Club for as little as $40.
- If you just want your loved ones to know you’re thinking about them (and maybe get a good laugh), then consider an interactive e-card. Upload photos to JibJab and insert your faces into a holiday-themed video. If you plan on sending out a bunch, then your best bet is probably a year membership for $12.
Final tip: If you absolutely must go to the mall to score a last minute gift, shop with retailers that allow you to purchase online and pickup in store like Sears, Toys”R”Us, and Walmart. This ensures a one-stop shop, no rush shipping costs, and you can apply coupon codes. Just make sure the item is in stock before you click purchase.