A brownie always hits the spot, but sometimes I want something a little more unique when I’m looking for a chocolate fix. These awesome chocolate dessert recipes are unlike anything you’ve tried before — a fabulous way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
From unexpected ingredients to remade classics, there’s something here for every chocolate lover in your life.
These 9 chocolate dessert recipes are pretty amazing, but we think you’d be missing out if you didn’t try our 3-Ingredient Nutella Brownies recipe, too!
These bite-sized chocolate treats are very popular in Brazil but are less known in the United States. Brigadeiros are intensely chocolaty and are a cinch to make with only five ingredients and 10 minutes of cook time.
Traditionally, brigadeiros are rolled in good quality chocolate sprinkles, but you can get creative and roll these treats in anything from chopped nuts to cookie crumbs.
Yield: 12 chocolates
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate or rainbow sprinkles for coating
- Cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and condensed milk until smooth. Pour the condensed milk mixture into a medium non-stick saucepan and add the butter.
- Place the pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened and started to pull away from the sides of the pan, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a shallow container that’s been coated with cooking spray and cool completely.
- Coat your hands with cooking spray and make tablespoon sized balls of the cooled chocolate mixture. Roll the balls in the sprinkles to coat. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Source: 3 Yummy Tummies
2. Banana Split Chocolate Bundt Cake
This impressive cake turns the classic banana split into a baked delight that’s loaded with chocolate. This is a banana split where melting is never an issue!
You can get a head start on your bundt cake and save some money with a cake mix coupon from Betty Crocker.
Source: Hapa Nom Nom
3. Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are anything but typical thanks to a secret ingredient: Red miso paste! The miso creates a sweet and savory flavor combination that’s a must-try.
Source: A Cookie Named Desire
4. Chocolate Chili Ice Cream
This rich and creamy chocolate ice cream packs a punch with dried red chilies in the mix. A sweet and spicy combination that’s far from typical, this ice cream will impress your spice-loving friends and family.
Source: Cooking The Globe
5. Chocolate Salami
Salami is great on sandwiches, but who knew that there was a sweet version made entirely out of chocolate?! This handheld dessert is almost too pretty to eat!
Source: Brooklyn Munch
6. Olive Oil Brownies with Sea Salt
Most people reach for the butter when they’re baking brownies, but the olive oil in this version creates a uniquely delicious delight.
Stock up on baking basics and save with Gold Medal coupons.
Source: Mommy's Home Cooking
7. Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
Tres leches cake is a traditional Latin American dessert that features three different types of milk. This cake is delectable as is, but adding chocolate really takes things to the next level of decadence!
Source: The View from Great Island
8. Dark Chocolate Detox Bites
Who ever thought that a chocolate treat could also be good for you?! These dark chocolate detox bites are packed with fruit, nuts, and seeds that are as pretty as they are healthy.
9. Chocolate Chip, Pretzel & Bacon Cookies
Bacon makes everything better, and these sweet and savory chocolate chip cookies are no exception!
Need some bacon to make that perfect sweet and savory combo? Oscar Mayer has you covered! Check here to see if there are any Oscar Mayer bacon coupons available.food / 9 Surprising Ways to Get Your Chocolate Fix