If your family is gaga for chocolate chip cookies, join the crew!
We’re big time “CCC” lovers over here. So much so, in fact, that on many nights, long after dinner has been put away, the whole family will gather in the kitchen to make ‘em. Just because we don’t want to go to bed without a warm, gooey cookie.
Of course, baking cookies from scratch takes time. So we’ve found quick and easy ways to get all that chocolate chip flavor, without having to pull out all of the ingredients every time.
One of our favorite midnight snackables is this fun twist on everybody’s favorite cookie. Brown sugar and chocolate chips are rolled up in pie crust, twirled into little cookie straws, and cooked until golden. I serve them with whipped vanilla icing (the kids say it’s even better than a cold glass of milk!).
Looking for a quick and easy, five-ingredient treat? Whether you’re making it at midnight, or whipping up an afterschool or party snack, give this twist a try. I think you’ll love it as much as my family does!
Impress your friends with this new twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie and host a holiday cookie exchange using our easy guide!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dippers Recipe
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
• 1 (2-pack) box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
• 6 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips, divided in half
• 6 Tablespoons brown sugar, divided in half
• 1 container Betty Crocker Whipped vanilla frosting
• 1 Tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Unroll one pie crust on a large piece of parchment. Sprinkle with 3 Tablespoons chocolate chips and 3 Tablespoon brown sugar. Fold in half.
3. Use a wooden rolling pie to roll crust to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut in half, starting at the longest end, gently roll the two pieces together to create a long, thin roll. Cut into 3 pieces. Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet. Repeat with second pie crust.
4. Bake cookie rollups for 18-20 minutes, or until the outside is light golden brown.
5. Allow to cool before serving with vanilla frosting for dipping, garnished with sprinkles.