Break up your dinner routine with what I like to call “brinner,” or “breakfast for dinner!”
Breakfast for dinner makes everyone smile, especially kids. And lucky for us home cooks, breakfast for dinner recipes are easy and quick to make. All you need is some leftovers from your fridge.
Many breakfast for dinner recipes can be made with freezer ingredients and a well-stocked pantry. My own Breakfast Chicken Hash can be made with leftover chicken and frozen potatoes, and you don’t need to make a trip to the store for these other breakfast for dinner recipes, either.
Is it a busy school night? Or a lazy weekend evening? Whatever the case, make one of these breakfast for dinner recipes and make them smile!
1. Breakfast Chicken Hash
Hash is a versatile dish and can be made with frozen potatoes and leftover rotisserie chicken. If you like, you can swap out the cheese and add more veggies, too.
• 2 slices bacon, cut into slices
• 1 Tablespoon butter
• 1 pound frozen new potatoes, cubed
• 1/2 red onion, chopped
• 1 red pepper, seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
• 2-3 eggs, fried
• Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Place bacon in skillet over medium high heat. Cook until crisp and remove.
2. Add butter and a splash of olive oil to skillet. Add potatoes, onion, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until potatoes are tender and starting to crisp.
3. Add chicken and heat through.
4. While potatoes are cooking, fry one egg per person. (If your potatoes are taking too long to soften, just cover them for five minutes!)
5. Finish off by topping with fried eggs, sprinkling with parmesan cheese, and putting under broiler for a minute.
2. Breakfast Taco Bar
Source: Lydi Out Loud
Take your hash browns out of the freezer, set out some scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, and salsa for quick brinner breakfast tacos. This recipe is perfect for picky eaters because everyone can build their own!
This breakfast taco bar is an easy dinner fix. If you don’t have a bag of hash browns in your freezer, no worries! Check for Ore Ida coupons before your next grocery trip.
3. Tater Tot Pizza
Tater tots on pizza? Yes, please! Use store-bought pizza dough and top it with provolone cheese, bacon, and tater tots. Finish off your delicious breakfast pizza with an egg and dinner is served.
Do your kiddos love pizza? Let them sink their teeth into these tasty pizza waffles!
4. Ham, Egg & Cheese Biscuit Wafflewiches
Source: Southern Bite
Turn frozen waffles into wafflewiches filled with ham, eggs, and cheese. These are great for eating on the run — your littles can grab one and eat it on the way to their after school activities.
This wafflewiches recipe uses Pillsbury biscuits as an easy waffle batter substitute. If your fridge is fresh out, grab this coupon for $1 off any 3 Pillsbury refrigerated baked goods and save some extra money!
5. Chorizo, Ricotta & Greens Pinwheels
Use frozen puff pastry or roll out a package of crescent rolls for this delicious pinwheels recipe. It’s so easy! Roll it out, fill it up, roll it up, slice, and bake!
Other filling ideas:
• Pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella
• Scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese
• Breakfast sausage and cheese
• Bacon, lettuce, and chopped tomatoes
• Chicken, salsa, cheese, and chiles
Make a crust using blueberry waffles and layer it up with bacon, cheese, eggs, and anything else your heart desires. These breakfast pizzas are the perfect size for giving each kid one of their own — talk about a lifesaver for moms of picky eaters!
7. Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Tostadas
Source: I Wash You Dry
Take leftover beans and make individual huevos rancheros breakfast tostadas. Chop up a few tomatoes and slice an avocado, then sprinkle on some cheese and heat in the broiler. Serve with your favorite salsa and chips for a deliciously savory take on breakfast for dinner!
8. Sausage & Egg Waffle Tacos
Source: Ready Set Eat
Frozen waffles serve as the base for these three-ingredient breakfast waffle tacos. All you need for the filling is Egg Beaters or scrambled eggs and sausage. Grab some syrup to top it off!
Don’t have a waffle iron? No problem! Just toast up some Eggo waffles — you can save some extra cash, too, with Eggo coupons.
9. Chicken & Waffles Nachos
Source: Real Food By Dad
Make your own chicken and waffles combo by using frozen chicken nuggets and frozen waffles. Your kids will love this fun take on a popular classic breakfast treat!
Grab a bag of chicken nuggets for this fun recipe and save with Tyson coupons!