Best Buy is one of the most popular home electronics and entertainment stores, with locations around the world. It’s a one-stop shop for you home and office – from mobile phones to audio video cables, laptops, and televisions. Thanks to Best Buy’s Geek Squad, if your electronics break, you can find the right people to help you fix it. Extensive warranty plans are handy if you plan to purchase something pricey, and a forgiving return policy allows you to purchase exactly what you want.
Shopping at Best Buy? Here’s how to get Best Buy coupons
Best Buy coupons are nearly impossible to find because they aren’t issued frequently. The best coupon we’ve seen in recent years is one for “20% off Small Appliances” that was a printable coupon that you can bring in-store. Otherwise, we’ve seen rare Best Buy promo codes for specific products or bundled offers. It’s worth checking Coupons.com for Best Buy free shipping offers and to check on current sales.
How to get the best deals without a Best Buy coupon
While finding a Best Buy coupon code may be tricky, where you can save a lot of money is by looking for deals at Best Buy. Best Buy is the best place to save big on electronics and home appliances because it has negotiated bundle offers and discounts that no other retailer can offer. For example, during Black Friday 2014, Best Buy offered the iPad Air for $100 less than any other retailer. Additionally, you can often find gaming systems like Xbox bundled with your favorite games. One of the most popular products to purchase at Best Buy are HDTVs – often, you’ll save $300 or more. Smart shoppers will visit Best Buy’s refurbished section both in-store and on the Best Buy website to save.
Best Buy Price Match Policy (and others secret tips to save)
Best Buy will price match all local competitors and the following online stores: Amazon, BHphotovideo.com, Crutchfield, Dell, HP, Newegg, and TigerDirect. Obviously if you find a lower price online or in-store at another retailer, you can ask to price match. Be sure to double check as their policy only covers identical items and only one price match per identical item, per customer (for those trying to score more on Black Friday). The best way to check if your item is identical is to look at for the SKU number.
Get rewarded My Best Buy Rewards Program
The old Reward Zone program is now the My Best Buy rewards program. It’s free to join, and every purchase earns points, but My Best Buy credit card holders will earn 5% back in rewards or financing. We prefer points because for every 250 points, shoppers will earn a $5 reward certificate (gift card) for Best Buy. Best of all, cardholders special invitations to shop sales in advance. My Best Buy members also get free shipping on orders over $35 and early access to special sales and events. If you’re a frequent Best Buy Shopper, $1500 or $3500 in purchases per calendar year will earn you Elite or ElitePlus membership, respectively. Elite and ElitePlus members get extra perks like increased rewards points, free expedited shipping and extended return policies. Gamers will want to join the My Best Buy Gamers Club to receive additional benefits, including double points on new video games, digital content and game accessories. A 2-year paid membership earns you perks like 20% off new video games, 10% off pre-owned games and a 10% bonus trade-in credit.
Best Buy Return Policy
Most standard purchases can be returned or exchanged within 15 days for a full refund. Even if the item has been opened, Best Buy will process your return or exchange if you bring all of the content and packaging along with your proof of purchase and ID. There are some exceptions to the Best Buy return policy:
- My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members receive an extended return and exchange period of 30 days and 45 days, respectively.
- Cell phones and other devices sold with a carrier contract may be returned within 14 days. (This applies to Elite and Elite Plus members as well.)
- Holiday returns have an extra grace period. Purchases made between November 1 – December 31, 2014 have an extended return period through January 15, 2015.
- Opened software, movies, music and video games can only be exchanged for an identical item.
- Special Order items will be refunded at 85% of the original purchase price.
- Custom orders (when a customer requests a specific attribute like size, color, size, or the manufacturer only makes custom orders) are non-returnable.
- Bundled items or promotional discount items can be returned individually. Best Buy will refund you only what has been returned, minus the discount or freebie amount.
- If you’re missing items or packaging you can still return for a small deduction on your refund.
- Geek Squad Protection service plans are non-refundable.
- Other non-refundable purchases include digital content, prepaid cards, memberships, completed services, and items that are damaged or missing major components.
Top 10 Best Buy Shopping Tips
- Video game systems are often sold in promotional bundles with your favorite games.
- Best Buy offers tons of exclusive discounts, like $100 off an iPad Air for Black Friday.
- HDTVs are frequently discounted $300 or more at Best Buy.
- Check in-store and online for deep discounts on refurbished items.
- Best Buy will price match all local competitors and online competitors including Amazon, Dell, HP, Newegg and TigerDirect.
- My Best Buy members earn points on all purchases and gain early access to special sales and events.
- Free shipping on all orders over $35 for My Best Buy members.
- My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members earn extra points and extended return policies.
- A paid Gamers Club membership will earn 20% discounts on all new video games and bonus trade-in credits.
- Holiday purchases made between Nov. 1 – Dec. 31 can be returned or exchanged through Jan. 15.