Want a secret ingredient to give your cupcakes a boost of flavor? Just add beer! Stout beer pairs well with chocolate to give you rich, moist, extra-chocolaty cupcakes. A lemon wheat beer gives your cupcakes a zesty, citrus-infused flavor. Adding beer to your cupcakes will give them a subtle, malty, enhanced flavor that nobody can quite pinpoint, but they’ll taste amazing. This month, make beer cupcakes with these delicious boozy recipes that you’ll definitely want to try.
1. Grown-Up Gluten-Free Ding Dongs
These beer-spiked chocolate cupcakes are filled with brown sugar cream and topped with a rich chocolate-and-beer ganache. These babies are so good, you’ll want to eat ‘em for breakfast (but with beer in them, you should probably wait until after dinner!). Find this exclusive to The Good Stuff recipe here!
2. Stout Cupcakes with Whiskey Creme
Give your cupcakes a dose of stout beer. You’ll enhance the chocolate flavor, giving your cupcakes a rich, decadent taste. Paired with cloud-like Irish cream frosting, these Guinness cupcakes make a dreamy St. Paddy’s Day Dessert.
3. Blue Moon Cupcakes
Winter Abbey is a seasonal winter wheat beer infused with citrus notes and brewed by the Blue Moon Brewery. If you want cupcakes that are light and airy, add some Winter Abbey ale. Orange cream cheese frosting pairs well with these citrus flavored cupcakes.
4. Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes
An Irish car bomb is a smooth, delicious alcoholic beverage that tastes almost like a milkshake. These cupcakes are fashioned after the popular drink that consists of a shot of Baileys Irish Cream and Irish whiskey dropped into a pint of Guinness. This is one dessert you’ll want to hide from the kids!
5. Summer Shandy Cupcakes
Summer Shandy is a beer brewed with lemonade, and it’s light, crisp flavor is perfect as a cupcake ingredient. If you love the sweet, tart taste of lemons, these Summer Shandy cupcakes are the perfect dessert for you!
6. Salted Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
Chocolate stout beer gives these salted chocolate stout cupcakes major chocolaty flavor. A sprinkle of sea salt on the frosting gives your taste buds everything they need!
7. Guinness-Filled Sponge Cakes
These cupcakes are a spongy, moist chocolate Guinness cake filled with macerated strawberries that have been soaked in Guinness, and topped with rich white chocolate buttercream. If you want a great stout flavor in your dessert, these chocolate drunken strawberry cupcakes are a must try!
Find more delicious ideas from The Good Stuff here:
- Guinness Irish Stew – Got a little Guinness leftover after baking yourself a batch of cupcakes? Pour it into this stew and enjoy it for dinner, too!
- Whiskey Chocolate Flourless Cake – Spike your dessert with Whiskey! This deliciously simple recipe will show you how to make the best chocolate cake of your life.
- Skip the Hangover with these Whiskey Recipes – Kick the cocktail and go for a bite of scrumptious whiskey-spiked food instead. These incredible recipes are a few of our all-time ways to use up those bottles of caramelly whiskey!