On a hot summer day the last thing we want to do is spend time in the kitchen. Luckily, there is a whole world of two-ingredient recipes–from breakfast to dessert–that will keep you from slaving away in the heat.
- Banana, cake mix and about 15 minutes in the oven = grab and go muffins!
- Banana, eggs and hold the gluten = a healthy, hearty breakfast!
Salads and Veggies
- Cottage cheese and Italian Dressing = a dip that’s skinny and healthy!
- Peanut sauce plus Thai chili sauce = a fantastic sauce for stir fries or salads. Next time you barbecue, serve alongside a platter of grilled veggies.
- Salsa + chicken = a quick and easy family dinner! Try grilling the chicken and topping with the salsa.
- Honey Barbecue sauce + pork = a great base for many weeknight meals like sliders, pizza and tacos.
- Pineapple + Angel Food cake mix = a low-fat cake that’s a dream dessert recipe!
- Frozen Banana+ Nutella = freeze small slices of banana and add a little Nutella when you blend!
Nutella Pie Pops (a Coupons.com exclusive)
- Nutella + pie dough = Roll out refrigerated pie dough and cut with your favorite cookie cutter. Place a Popsicle stick in the center and put a teaspoon of Nutella inside. Brush with cream or water and place second piece of dough on top. Press gently and use a small fork to press together. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown.
Before you shop: Consider making the pie pops with some other two-ingredient recipes. Try variations using raspberry jam, lemon curd or white chocolate chips.
Cheri Liefeld of Adventures in the Kitchen believes in celebrating life around the table. She is a recipe developer, cooking instructor and writer. She blogs over at Adventures In The Kitchen where she shares easy to make recipes, party inspiration and ideas for cooking with kids.
A native of Southern California her cooking is filled with fresh ingredients from local farmers markets and often served spicy.