S’mores are the dessert of summer. They’re the sweet ending to a summer gathering, whether you’re around a campfire or not. Why are they called s’mores? Because you always want “some more” after just one!
To help you celebrate the goodness of National S’mores Day, we have s’mores recipes for every occasion. Start your day with Chocolate S’mores Waffles and end with a S’more Coffee Milkshake.
Looking for more summertime dessert faves? Try your hand at making one of these 25 weird yet tasty ice cream flavors, fruity ice pops, or bring this no-bake blueberry crunch cake to your next block party. Yum!
1. Chocolate S’mores Waffles
Start the celebration with a special, decadent Chocolate S’mores Waffle. It couldn’t be easier: Use your favorite waffle mix as a base, then add cocoa powder and sugar. You can even make the waffles ahead of time and reheat them in the oven prior to serving
- 1-1/2 cups pancake mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat waffle iron. Stir all waffle ingredients together with a whisk until blended.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray before pouring batter for each waffle. Pour batter into iron and sprinkle with graham crackers.
- Bake each waffle until steaming stops. Carefully remove and place on a baking sheet.
- Top each with more graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. Place under broiler until marshmallows brown.
- Top with caramel sauce and serve. Sprinkle the batter with chocolate chips for an even richer waffle.
2. S’mores Baked Alaska
Source: A Communal Table
Top a graham cracker with a scoop of ice cream and a big swirl of meringue. Freeze and then toast under the broiler prior to serving for a delicious, summer-inspired treat.
3. S’mores Nachos
Source: The Creative Bit
Cinnamon sugar pita chips are the base for a tray of S’mores nachos. Serve these as an after-school treat or for a movie night.
4. S’mores Chocolate Mousse
Source: Cooking Classy
End a dinner party with a refined and refreshing S’mores Chocolate Mousse. Layers of graham cracker crust, chocolate mousse, and marshmallow crème create a creamy dessert for hot summer nights.
5. Pretzel-Peanut Butter S’mores
Source: Oh Sweet Basil
The kids will love making these sweet and salty pretzel-peanut butter s’mores. How easy is that?
6. S’mores Doughnuts
Source: Julie’s Eats & Treats
You can bake a batch of homemade doughnuts or frost store-bought doughnuts with a marshmallow frosting topped with sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs and chocolate sauce.
7. S’mores Coffee Milkshake
Source: Shugary Sweets
Need an afternoon pick-me-up? Try this coffee-infused s’mores milkshake to get you through that afternoon slump.
8. S’mores Pinwheels
Source: Mom On Time Out
Here’s a simple way to use your favorite ginger cookie as the base for this gooey s’mores sandwich.