Do you have a basket of eggs leftover from your egg hunt or maybe you’re simply looking for new ways to use hard-boiled eggs? Why not take your eggs and use them to make of these seven healthy hard-boiled egg recipes!
You can add them to salad, whip up delicious buffalo chicken deviled eggs, or surprise the kids by baking them inside a meatloaf. Each of these recipes is sure to be yummy, and you’ll soon see why they’re all my favorites!
Love them or dread them, leftovers can become a delicious meal with just a bit of help! Try Cheri’s favorite hard-boiled egg recipes below — or give your leftovers a colorful treatment with this rainbow deviled eggs recipe!
1. Roasted Asparagus Bacon & Egg Salad
This 15-minute meal makes the perfect hearty, healthy lunch. All it takes is a little multitasking in the kitchen: While the asparagus is roasting, cook your bacon and quarter the eggs. How simple!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, all trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch in pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 2-3 strips crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup plum tomatoes, halved
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place asparagus on baking sheet and toss with lemon zest, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove asparagus from pan and put on a dish.
- Top with eggs, bacon and tomatoes. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
2. Nicoise Salad
Source: Simply Recipes
The Nicoise salad is a French variation of our Cobb salad, but it features tuna, green beans, and potatoes. It takes a little time to prep, but once composed it makes a beautiful and tasty salad that perfectly complements your hard-boiled eggs!
3. Buffalo Chicken-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Try a new twist on deviled eggs by stuffing them with buffalo chicken for a spicy, creamy appetizer. Better make a second batch, these one-bite snacks are sure to be gobbled up fast!
4. Steak Salad with Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette
Source: Paleo Newbie
This Paleo-friendly steak salad is topped with hard-boiled eggs and tossed with a creamy garlic vinaigrette. As the recipe creator says, “It’s big, beefy, and bodacious.”
5. Garlic-Roasted Potato, Spinach & Egg Salad
Source: Naturally Ella
Potato salad meets egg salad and a gets an update with roasted potatoes. Who could resist this simple recipe that combines two of my favorites?
6. Pea Salad with Hard-Boiled Eggs
Source: The Kitchen Is My Playground
Doesn’t every family have a pea salad recipe they’ve passed down from generation to generation? This pea salad is flavored with cheddar cheese, pimentos, and sweet pickle relish. Bring it to your spring or summer picnics and potlucks and serve slices of hard-boiled eggs on top.
7. Mom’s Meatloaf
Source: Good Food Shared
Hide a row of hard-boiled eggs in the middle of your favorite meatloaf and bake. Everyone will be surprised when you slice it at the table, and what’s not to love about the bacon topping?