Early fall brings a harvest of zucchini. If you grow your own or participate in a Community Supported Agriculture program, you might feel like it’s overtaking your kitchen.
Zucchini has many healthy benefits for you. Full of phytonutrients, minerals, and vitamins it’s also a great source of vitamin C and is low in calories. You can add it to pasta dishes like this Farmers Market Pasta, top your pizza with it, or add it to an omelet.
Quick tip: Zucchini is fragile, so store and handle it with care to avoid bruising. You can store unwashed zucchini in an air-tight container for up to a week.
I’ve picked seven easy zucchini recipes for everything from zucchini muffins to zucchini noodles. So cook up this healthy treat and serve it up for some tasty fall harvest eats.
Don’t forget to try these delicious Parmesan Zucchini Chips for a healthy, portable snack!
1. Zucchini Apple Muffins
Makes 1 dozen muffins.
- 2 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup grated apples
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini, moisture slightly squeezed out
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, grated apples, oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined. Gently stir in the zucchini, and chopped apples.
- Fill the prepared muffin pan with muffin batter, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool to room temperature and serve.
2. Zucchini Lemon Bread
Source: Lil Luna
Turn zucchini into a sweet lemon bread to go with your morning coffee. This bread travels well, so bring it along to your next get-together.
3. Parmesan Zucchini & Corn
Source: Damn Delicious
Use up your end-of-summer corn and zucchini in this delicious Parmesan-covered side dish.
4. Gluten-Free Garlic Cheese Zucchini Fritters
These quinoa-based garlic cheese zucchini fritters are a great Meatless Monday dish. Serve with a salad or make it a starter for your next party.
5. Zucchini Chocolate Oat Cookies
Source: Cooking Classy
Be sneaky and add zucchini to your favorite chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. They’ll never even notice!
6. Stuffed Zucchini
Source: Katrina Runs for Food
Cut your zucchini in half and scoop out the middle. Fill with ground beef and top with cheese and onions for an easy weeknight meal. Add spaghetti sauce and Parmesan to make it a lasagna boat.
7. Thai Chicken Zucchini Noodles
Source: Joyful Healthy Eats
Make zucchini noodles and top with Thai chicken for low-calorie but high-in-flavor dinner.