Let your kiddos get in on turning everything green with these oh-so-fun St. Patrick’s Day recipes for kids! Bonus points to all of you if you can keep a straight face and an Irish accent going the whole time.
1. Lucky Charms® Milk Shots
Turn snacktime into fun time! These quick and easy little leprechaun-sized snacks make a perfect school snack or afterschool nibbler for your wee ones.
Find General Mills coupons and save on ingredients for these Milk Shots and the Leprechaun Puppy Chow (#5)!
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups Lucky Charms® cereal
- 12 plastic shot glasses
- In a mason jar or re-useable container fitted with a secure lid, place milk and food coloring together.
- Shake until the milk is mixed well with a nice green color.
- Pour into six shot glasses. Snip paper straws to 2 ½” tall and place one in each milk-filled shot glass.
- Fill the other six shot glasses with cereal. Serve with tiny napkins and enjoy!
2. St. Patty’s Day Pretzels
Source: Love from the Oven
A snack so easy, kids can make them with you. These simple, chocolate dipped snacks are also dipped in St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles for a fun, festive look!
3. Homemade Shamrock Shakes
Source: No. 2 Pencil
Forget the fast food. You can make these fun, Irish-inspired treats at home!
4. Shamrock Kiwi Snack Mix
Source: Eating Richly
Who says you can’t be healthy and have fun, too? Turn kiwi into cute little shamrocks with this simple idea.
5. Leprechaun Puppy Chow
Source: This Silly Girl’s Kitchen
Start with cereal, add some fun colors, and soon you’ll have an entire bowl of this yummy Irish twist on Muddy Buddies snacks.
6. Irish Pretzel Bites
Source: Love From the Oven
Fun to share, and even more fun to eat! These easy pretzel bites can be made in minutes and make enough to feed a whole crowd, classroom, or party full of favorite people!
7. Leprechaun Hats
Source: Creative Food
Simple and healthy, these little leprechaun hats start with cucumbers, and turn into snacks your kids will adore.