Now that it’s summer, it’s time to enjoy the outdoors and celebrate with a summer soiree or two. Here are six sizzling outdoor summer party ideas for kids, teens and adults that are sure to create lasting memories.
Kids Summer Party Ideas
- Signs with glow in the dark paint
- Glow in the dark glow stick jars
- Glow in the dark balloons
- Glow in the dark ring toss – Throw glow in the dark bracelets onto a stick.
- Glow in the dark hopscotch – Place glow in the dark rings in a hopscotch pattern
- Glow in the dark Jell-O – Follow the recipe but use tonic water with quinine instead of tap water.
- Glow in the dark frozen Popsicle – Mix Crystal Light lemonade with tonic water and quinine then freeze.
2. Outdoor Art Party – Inspire kids’ imaginations with an outdoor arts and craft party. Paint, build and create masterpieces to take home.
- Use primary colors for table decor
- Setup easels and canvases on the lawn for kids to create art projects
- Have a table of Lego building bricks
- Make peanut butter and jelly splatter sandwiches
- Add Rice Crispy bars dipped in brightly colored frosting with Popsicle sticks
- Fruit kebabs with strawberries, pineapple and blueberries are healthy options
Teen Summer Party Ideas
3. Teen Hawaiian Luau – Bring the sandy beach to the poolside with a Hawaiian luau complete with a tiki bar with virgin cocktails. End the evening with a poolside dance or limbo contest.
- DIY Photo Booth – grab a straw hat, grass skirts and a ukulele
- Decorate tables with grass skirts and a lei
- Use pineapples and coconuts as part of your decor
- Chicken & Beef Kebabs
- Pineapple filled with fresh fruit
- Macadamia Nuts Cupcakes
- S’mores Bar – graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, raspberry jam, sprinkles and white chocolate chips
4. Rock Star Party – Your teens can find their inner diva and rocket at this rock star themed party. This is one that your younger teens will enjoy.
- Roll out the red carpet
- Photo booth with boas, big sunglasses, leather jackets
- Hold your own Rock Star Talent Show with karaoke
- Make microphone ice cream cones
- Licorice record albums
Adult Summer Party Ideas
5. Nautical Party – Classic but chic, nautical parties capture the essence of summer.
- Navy and white colors; stripes
- Seashells and anchors
- Use candle lit lanterns for lighting
- Seafood – crab, shrimp or lobster rolls
- Corn on the cob
- Mini cherry pies
6. Brazilian Pool Party – Watch your favorite teams score goals during the World Cup with a hot Brazilian themed pool party.
- Soccer balls & flags
- Brazil colors are blue, green, yellow and white
- Exotic flowers
Food – Brazilian Tomato and Grilled Bread Salad
Ingredients: 2 cups bread, cubed and roasted in oven with a little olive oil until crispy, 2 red bell peppers,, 2 yellow bell peppers, 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped, 1/4 cup basil, 1 garlic clove, finely minced, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil
Food – Cilantro and Garlic Shrimp
Ingredients: 1 clove minced garlic, 2 tablespoons cilantro, ¼ cup olive oil, 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions: Mix together and put in plastic bag to marinate for 30 minutes. Grill or sear in a pan on the stove.
Food: Brigadeiro Chocolate Truffles – These decadent Brazilian chocolates are easy to make and even more fun to eat!
Before you shop: Like these party ideas but looking for something more beachy? Take a look at our Backyard Beach Party for ideas on how to bring sand and surf to your home.
Cheri Liefeld of Adventures in the Kitchen believes in celebrating life around the table. She is a recipe developer, cooking instructor and writer. She blogs over at Adventures In The Kitchen where she shares easy to make recipes, party inspiration and ideas for cooking with kids.
A native of Southern California her cooking is filled with fresh ingredients from local farmers markets and often served spicy.