(And Preserve Your Sanity)
If you lost your groove at the end of 2011, now’s the perfect time to find it. Clear the clutter, organize your stuff and get your house in order with these time- and money-saving tips. (Chin up––you’re sure to uncover your groove somewhere.)
- Remember this rule when organizing––if you can’t see it, you probably won’t use it. Keep things visible and accessible with wire baskets and clear bins. If you have containers that you can’t see through, label them.
- Buy an inexpensive extender rod for your closet to double your hanging room. For babies and toddler clothes, you can use a triple rod. Sort clothes by colors.
- Organize your junk drawer with dividers. They’re great for jewelry and children’s items, too. Right now, save $5 off orders over $75 at Organize.com.
- To optimize space and keep your linen closet organized, put sheets inside the matching pillowcase.
- Toss expired medications and keep current prescriptions in their original bottles so you don’t mix up dates. If you need to restock over-the-counter meds, look for coupons such as $2 off Excedrin Extra Strength.