These drugstore wonders give “sleeping beauty” a whole new meaning.
Daylight savings be darned—as if we weren’t short enough already on hours in the day! With two jobs, a blog and a host of other commitments, I’ve often wished that it were possible to scratch items off my to-do list while I sleep. And while I don’t expect to ever wake up flawless like Beyonce, these five affordable products and treatments give me a little head start.
1. As someone who considers themselves a tad too young for heavy (read: greasy) night creams, Nip + Fab Night Fix Intensive Anti-Aging Gel ($17.95) is a revelation. I apply the light creamy gel at night and wake up with softer, smoother and plumped up skin. It’s no wonder celebs like Jennifer Aniston and Olivia Palermo are fans of this This UK-based beauty brand!
2. When my skin’s in need of a little boost of radiance, but I don’t have the time (or money!) for a facial, I turn to Garnier’s Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel ($17). Powered by my favorite exfoliator–glycolic vitamin C–this magical concoction exfoliates and smoothes skin in a way I only thought products three times its cost could. While it’s gentle enough to use nightly, I usually stick to just a couple times a week.
3. I treat my locks once weekly with L’Oreal EverStrong Overnight Hair Repair Treatment ($7), especially if I’ve been rocking teased ‘dos or hitting my heat stylers a little too hard. Unlike other oily overnight treatments I’ve tried, this sulfate-free gel absorbs into hair quickly and completely, leaving my vintage pillow cases pristine. Wash it out in the morning and enjoy softer, smoother and stronger locks for days. And the smell? Divine..
4. Sadly, here in Minnesota, chapped lips aren’t exclusively a winter phenomenon. To see smoother lips by morning, I’ve worked e.l.f.’s Studio Lip Exfoliator into my nightly routine. A sweet sugar-y balm infused with vitamin E, shea butter, avocado, grape and jojoba oils, this easy-to-apply scrub buffs lips and nourishes at the same time. Follow it up with your favorite balm (mine is EOS’ Smooth Lip Balm in sweet mint) and enjoy.
5. Last but not least, a little tip I learned from Grandma: Slather up your hands and feet with rich lotion (simple Nivea Creme is my favorite), slip on some 100-percent cotton gloves and socks and snooze your way to soft skin. These gloves from Sally Beauty Supply ($2.79) are a steal.
Image c/o: Gracefully Vintage
Editor by day and the voice of High Plains Thrifter by night, Meghan McAndrews is known for her weekly nacho night get-togethers and ongoing commitment to bringing big hair back. In her free time, she can be found scouring church-basement rummage sales, cooking in her kitchen or daubing it up at the bingo hall.