It’s almost time for the kids to go back to school, and you’ve spent the last few weeks buying book bags, lunchboxes, and school supplies. Now that they’re ready for a new school year, it’s time for you to treat yourself! After all, end of summer sales aren’t just for kids.
We’ve rounded up the best affordable fashion staples and a few majorly discounted designer treats to help you score an amazing wardrobe for the new season. Don’t forget to check out the additional 17 women’s summer fashion sales, as well, for a double dose of deals!
1. Talbots Quilted Jewelneck Coat, $39.99 | Original $149
2. GAP Skinny Crop Cargo Khakis, $27.99 | Original $54.95
3. Kate Spade Cobble Hill Sami Handbag, $188 | Original $378
4. Mudd® Bead & Tassel Stretch Bracelet Set, $19.60 | Original $28
5. LOFT Striped Slubbed Sweater Tee, $16 (with 40% off sale) | Original $44.50
6. Vince Camuto Geometric Print Inverted Pleat Blouse, $33.81 | Original $69
7. Liz Claiborne® Drawstring Bucket Bag, $39 | Original $65
8. Free People Trinity Open Stitch Shrug, $29.40 | Original $98
9. Cole Haan Women’s Pinch Weekender Loafers, $54.60 | Original $78
Casual clothes are everyday necessities. Whether you’re stocking up casual T-shirts or searching for the perfect fall handbag, now is the perfect time to shop! Look for the best end of summer sales on casual basics at department stores.
- A comfy pair of jeans is an absolute must-have for any closet. If you’re looking for a comfy pair, check out American Eagle’s new Denim X line, with many styles offering a BOGO for 50% off your second pair.
- JCPenney is currently offering an extra 15% off sitewide — including clearances — with the code FUNDEAL (8/31)
- You can get an extra 15% off your purchase of $100 or more at Kohl’s with the code CATCH15OFF (12/31)
- If you’re shopping at GAP, be sure to save $25 on your purchase of $50 or more with code STAPLES (8/25)
You should also take a look at mid to high-end retailers that might normally be out of your price range. Take advantage of these sales to get high-quality casual items that will enhance your wardrobe all year long.
- You can get 30% off your purchase of $200+ or 25% off your purchase of $100+ with the code SHOPMORE at J. Crew right now (8/17)
- Talbots is slashing up to 65% off of original prices (10/31)
- LOFT has a great sale where you can get an extra 40% off sale items (10/31)
1. Ann Taylor Sleeveless Sweater Dress, $64.88 + extra 40% off | Original $129
2. White House Black Market Black Strap Mule, $39.99 | Original $130
3. Ralph Lauren Belted Long-Sleeved Shirt Dress, $50 | Original $150
4. Kate Spade Chelsea Square Hayden Handbag, $179 | Original $448
5. Illuminaire Silver-Plated Crystal Stud Earring Set, $21 | Original $60
6. Charles by Charles David Pauline Wedge Sandal, $59.95 | Original $99
7. Echo Tasseled Geometric Loop Silk Scarf, $54.60 | Original $78
8. Pink Topaz Pendant Necklace, $14.99 | Original $100
Dressy items can be extremely expensive, so it’s important to stock up on work and party fashion items while they’re on sale. Designer bags, name-brand shoes, and even high-quality jewelry have drastically reduced prices at the end of the summer season.
- Bloomingdale’s and Banana Republic are currently offering huge discounts
- Ann Taylor is taking an extra 40% off sale items until the end of August (8/31)
- Right now Kate Spade’s sale will help you save 50% or more on final sale items (10/31)
- Ralph Lauren summer sale offers up to 75% off (9/1)
- Tory Burch is offering up to 40% off through the end of October (10/31)
- White House Black Market is offering $20 off any purchase of $80+ with code 49757 (8/17)
- Another great resource for dressier items is discount retailers such as Zappos and DSW. These stores offer your favorite dressy items for less year-round, and DSW is currently offering up to 50% off in their clearance section! (10/31)
1. Kate Spade Cotton Jersey Lace-Up Top, $53 | Original $158
2. Tek Gear Colorblock Fleece-Lined Workout Vest, $9.60 | Original $32
3. Voile-Trimmed Sweatshirt, $34.99 + extra 30% off | Original $69
4. Ecco Terracruise Walking Sneaker, $59.90 | Original $129.95
5. Old Navy Women’s Go-Dry Racerback Tank, $7 | Original $16.94
6. Gaiam Studio to Street Serendipity Reversible Dress, $44.99 | Original $65
7. Lands’ End Starfish Jersey Zip Track Pants, $19.99 | Original $45.99
8. Kellen Exotic Embossed Slides, $59.88 + extra 40% off | Original$98
This fall, comfortable clothes are fashionable! “Athleisure” clothing is the midpoint between athletic and casual clothing, and this comfy style is the newest fall fashion trend. Athleisure items are the perfect choice for everyday errands, and many of these items can also work for workouts or outdoor activities!
- GAP is a great resource for sporty basics like yoga pants and jackets, and they’re currently offering up to 50% off sale items (10/31)
- Also, be sure to go to J. Jill and get an extra 30% off all sale items like sweaters and sweatshirts with the code FST150 (8/16)
Don’t forget that you can always find the latest sales and coupon codes for your favorite stores at Coupons.com! Now that you’ve learned how to get a fabulous wardrobe for less, learn how you can get free nail polish from our favorite new beauty brand, Julep Maven!